The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Logan Stanley

Word on the streets is Logan Stanley is looking to get out of WPG due to a lack of consistent playing time.

So fair to say if the Canucks could acquire him he would be one of those reclamation projects-could Foote be the mentor he needs?  Could he be a fit? 

He definitely is one of the meaner players in the NHL which the Canucks could use.

A trade w Chevy never seems easy-what would it take I wonder?

Might also necessitate some moves on the Canucks roster first so feel free to discuss.  

• Cheers 1

I think the Jets are about to get a big shake.  Two coaches have come out and very uncharacteristically said there is something wrong in this dressing room.

They will take a shot at re-signing PLD and when he says no I think we could see a major shakeup.

So maybe they can shake him out or get involved in a big shakeup with Winnipeg.  They didn't seem very happy with Schiefle last year.

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think the Jets are about to get a big shake.  Two coaches have come out and very uncharacteristically said there is something wrong in this dressing room.

They will take a shot at re-signing PLD and when he says no I think we could see a major shakeup.

So maybe they can shake him out or get involved in a big shakeup with Winnipeg.  They didn't seem very happy with Schiefle last year.

I very much like PLD snd Shiefele. I think PLD at only 24 makes him a better fit with our core. If we could get pLD straight up for Miller I’d be happy with that. The Jets would like Miller too. He’s not only a great player, but he’s signed long term. That term is important to a club that struggles to attract high end UFAs. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I very much like PLD snd Shiefele. I think PLD at only 24 makes him a better fit with our core. If we could get pLD straight up for Miller I’d be happy with that. The Jets would like Miller too. He’s not only a great player, but he’s signed long term. That term is important to a club that struggles to attract high end UFAs. 

I like PLD's game and would take that trade but we know he is signing in Montreal after next season.

He plays the hard minutes and a hard game.

Just now, DrJockitch said:

I like PLD's game and would take that trade but we know he is signing in Montreal after next season.

I think the Montreal connection is overplayed.  His agent said he’d love to play there but he’s subsequently said he’s open to playing in other markets.  

Just now, qwijibo said:

I think the Montreal connection is overplayed.  His agent said he’d love to play there but he’s subsequently said he’s open to playing in other markets.  

Yeah, his agent would come out and say he only wants to sign in one place and then go negotiate in that place.  he is doing damage control.

Still think it is worth it for the cap flexibility for the 6 years after if he came and left as expected.  

Would leave a big hole to fill though.

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Perhaps that’s a way for PLD to max his contract with his current club? 
And even if he doesn’t extend with us, we could trade him as a rental at the 2024 TDL for a lot. Can’t lose. 

Pass on him unless he's cheap for the bottom pairing.

He isn't consistent and not as solid as he should be for a "stay at home", so that's why he hasn't been given opportunities.

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

To Vancouver:

PLD

Logan Stanley

2023 18OA

To Winnipeg:

JT Miller

Jack Rathbone

2023 11OA

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Vancouver:

PLD

Logan Stanley

2023 18OA

To Winnipeg:

JT Miller

Jack Rathbone

2023 11OA

Take out the flip of picks and that’s a good trade. PLD, although only 24 and a very good 2C

Edited by Alflives

Team could hold aloft his athletic supporter(hootin' & hollerin' with champagne)..march around a parade section. Don't John & John call this a "reverse-whammy" or something? Anyways, get it outa' the system, feel routine, & simulate being at the top.(but don't let Chara into the city!)

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Take out the flip of picks and that’s a good trade. PLD, although only 24 and a very good 2C

I think you need to flip the picks.  Winnipeg might actually go for it as PLD isn't going to hang around and Montreal really doesn't have a better offer.  If we can get PLD to sign an 8x8 contract to replace Miller as our 2C I think we've hit the jackpot...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think you need to flip the picks.  Winnipeg might actually go for it as PLD isn't going to hang around and Montreal really doesn't have a better offer.  If we can get PLD to sign an 8x8 contract to replace Miller as our 2C I think we've hit the jackpot...

True but it’s a big risk; he might not sign. 
Not too sure if the Jets will find a better deal than Miller. He’s got that long term deal in place do they don’t worry about losing him to free agency. 

Just now, Alflives said:

True but it’s a big risk; he might not sign. 
Not too sure if the Jets will find a better deal than Miller. He’s got that long term deal in place do they don’t worry about losing him to free agency. 

Yeah, we can't make that trade unless PLD commits to an 8-year extension.  However, the worst-case scenario is that we flip him at the deadline for picks and prospects and then we free up $8 million in cap space for next summer.  That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah, we can't make that trade unless PLD commits to an 8-year extension.  However, the worst-case scenario is that we flip him at the deadline for picks and prospects and then we free up $8 million in cap space for next summer.  That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

Probably better than paying the last 2-3 years of Miller’s contract. 

• Cheers 1