The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kraken sign GM Ron Francis to contract extension

Rate this topic

This feels like a no-brainer. I thought he might be in over his head after Seattle's first underwhelming season, but he obviously had a plan and it paid off big-tim. Must be nice to manage a team with no past baggage like the Canucks management have to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm pretty sure if he wasn't resigned, now THAT would have been the shocker. lol

I actually like Seattle's way of doing things so far much more than I've liked Vegas' moves (even if Vegas is in the SCF at the time of this post).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This feels like a no-brainer. I thought he might be in over his head after Seattle's first underwhelming season, but he obviously had a plan and it paid off big-tim. Must be nice to manage a team with no past baggage like the Canucks management have to deal with.

Ya, there were definitely a lot of people that questioned some of Francis' decisions early on. Selecting Vanecek from Washington then trading him right back (especially when hindsight shows he's probably the goalie they should have kept) was one of the strange ones. But it's clearly starting to payoff with a team that's already starting to be competitive but with a pretty strong prospect pool already as well that means they should be able to stay competitive for a long time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Ya, there were definitely a lot of people that questioned some of Francis' decisions early on.

Yip. I was one of them, but I will tip my hat to Ron now. Job well done Mr Francis.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2