Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators exploring trade for Alex DeBrincat


Recommended Posts

If they are smart they are.

 

Maybe a flip to Arizona for Keller and a pick?

 

Or they can swing for the fences with a nearly there team like NJ or Calgary.  Possibly even Nashville with Trotz wanting more offense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If they are smart they are.

 

Maybe a flip to Arizona for Keller and a pick?

 

Or they can swing for the fences with a nearly there team like NJ or Calgary.  Possibly even Nashville with Trotz wanting more offense


DeBrincat's qualifying offer is 9M.  It's his final RFA year.  

 

NJD doesn't have that kind of cap space.  They have Timo Meier and Jesper Bratt to extend - can't see them electing DeBrincat over either of those players.

 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If somehow, someway PA&Co could swap out a combination of Myers, Boeser, Beauvillier,1st/11oa for a mix of Batherson or Debrincat, Pinto, and Zub would that be acceptable loss/gain?

 

I'd prefer to add some size to the top 6 with Batherson over Debrincat at his 9m q.o. I think Boeser is is friends with Tkachuk? could be a good chance for a fresh start for BB6. I'm a fan of Myers though i think Zub would excel in Vancouver. Beauvillier would be closer to friends and family. Ottawa also does not have a 1st this draft class

 

Boeser 6.5

Myers 6

Beauvillier 4.150

2023 11oa

 

for 

 

Batherson 4.950

Pinto Rfa

Zub 4x4.6

 

 

Kuzmenko Petey Batherson 

Mikheyev Miller Garland 

Podkolzin Pinto Klimovich?

Joshua Aman Digiuseppe

 

Studnicka Dries

 

Hughes Zub

OEL Hronek 

Rathbone Schenn?

 

Brisebois Karlsson 

Hirose Mcward

 

please be gentle:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, mll said:


DeBrincat's qualifying offer is 9M.  It's his final RFA year.  

 

NJD doesn't have that kind of cap space.  They have Timo Meier and Jesper Bratt to extend - can't see them electing DeBrincat over either of those players.

 

Sens have to know already that Debrincat, because of his contract (he's a decent player) has no real value other than to take back a contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

If somehow, someway PA&Co could swap out a combination of Myers, Boeser, Beauvillier,1st/11oa for a mix of Batherson or Debrincat, Pinto, and Zub would that be acceptable loss/gain?

 

I'd prefer to add some size to the top 6 with Batherson over Debrincat at his 9m q.o. I think Boeser is is friends with Tkachuk? could be a good chance for a fresh start for BB6. I'm a fan of Myers though i think Zub would excel in Vancouver. Beauvillier would be closer to friends and family. Ottawa also does not have a 1st this draft class

 

Boeser 6.5

Myers 6

Beauvillier 4.150

2023 11oa

 

for 

 

Batherson 4.950

Pinto Rfa

Zub 4x4.6

 

 

Kuzmenko Petey Batherson 

Mikheyev Miller Garland 

Podkolzin Pinto Klimovich?

Joshua Aman Digiuseppe

 

Studnicka Dries

 

Hughes Zub

OEL Hronek 

Rathbone Schenn?

 

Brisebois Karlsson 

Hirose Mcward

 

please be gentle:lol:

It's Hughes and Tkachuk that are friends.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Could see Carolina having internet, he's probably young enough to fit what they're trying to do

Carolina has had access to capfriendly for a while now, not sure they'd be interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Devron said:

They aren’t going to let him walk lol Qualifying offer isn’t everything 

Yeah, just like the situation with Boeser... But we had to pay extra two years to get him at a lower number, so it really comes down to what DeBrincat could get on the open market.  

 

My guess is 7 million x 6 years as a UFA in a normal year, but probably 8 x 7 years in a free agent starved year like this one. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

At 9 mil per? Not likely. It's very likely the Sens don't qualify Debincat. 

QO doesn't necessarily equate to what he'll get on a longer term deal

 

34 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Pretty sure the whole world has internet. 

I don't know, if they did maybe the south wouldn't be such a mess

 

Or maybe it'd be worse.. 

 

14 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Carolina has had access to capfriendly for a while now, not sure they'd be interested. 

They could use more scoring punch and DeBrincat's cap hit would largely be eaten up by Pacioretty's expiring contract 

Edited by Coconuts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mll said:


DeBrincat's qualifying offer is 9M.  It's his final RFA year.  

 

NJD doesn't have that kind of cap space.  They have Timo Meier and Jesper Bratt to extend - can't see them electing DeBrincat over either of those players.

 

Ouch. He's not a $9 mil a year player. Obviously they can negotiate for less than the QO, but...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mll said:


DeBrincat's qualifying offer is 9M.  It's his final RFA year.  

 

NJD doesn't have that kind of cap space.  They have Timo Meier and Jesper Bratt to extend - can't see them electing DeBrincat over either of those players.

 

Qualifying offer 9M!? Much rather have JT. Very happy to have Mr Miller on this team. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...