The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 King Clancy Memorial Trophy finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2023 King Clancy Memorial Trophy  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the King Clancy Memorial Trophy?

• Mikael Backlund
    • Anders Lee
    • Darnell Nurse

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

NURSE LMFAOOOOOOOO

I don't get the joke. It's an award for off the ice contributions. You don't have to like the player to appreciate him for the work that he does in the community.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Toews said:

I don't get the joke. It's an award for off the ice contributions. You don't have to like the player to appreciate him for the work that he does in the community.

Good post. 

Anyone who even gets nominated for this award deserves recognition and props, this has nothing to do with players on the ice and everything to do with players making an impact in their communities off the ice, and that should always be praised. 

We're fortunate to have had previous winners in both Henrik and Daniel (Henrik twice).

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Toews said:

"Leadership on and off the ice".

Nurse is a rat that whines and bullies for 25 minutes every night, and picks fights with smaller players. Baffled that an award that's seen the likes of the Sedins, Zetterberg, Koivu, Doan and co win this would even be mentioned in the same breath as him. If he's a good community guy off the ice, good for him, good for the oilers, and good for the edmonton community. There are many better options out there. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Trevor Linden won it too, how could I miss him, we've had some stellar captains. Henrik's the only player to have ever won it twice. 

Yes which says something about those guys.   Pretty awesome.   Also think their involvement with the team is already rubbing off, with Abby in particular.   They were consummate pro's.    Guys have to work harder as they age to stay in top shape, something I believe this teams lacked for quite some time.   Tochett also identified that quickly.   When you see 35-40 plus year olds busting their balls to stay in the league, that has to be motivating.    Chelios and Roberts both got props from their teammates for this, and it rubbed off on the younger players they played with, im sure the same with the Sedins.   Bet they could come back and play right now if they wanted too.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...