The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[poll/discussion] If a reasonable trade isn’t available, who do you pair with Myers to start the season?

Where do you play Myers?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

While true, it wasn't like OEL looked like dogsh** prior to Tocchet being there (otherwise he wouldn't have been able to get that monster contract we are currently paying the price of).

Tocchet should get every ounce of OELs salary out of him. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tocchet should get every ounce of OELs salary out of him. 

I have said this many times, God how I would liked to have gotten a time machine & have Tocchet coach Boeser from the start of his career.  He may yet mold him into a decent player (who can do more than just score goals if fed the puck in the slot).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

I'd like the idea of acquiring a strong physical veteran defenceman like Soucy or someone on the cheap, but we have plenty of bottom pairing guys in the pipeline who really should play. Hirose and Rathbone are the key guys who deserve a shot, they're both good skaters who can cover for Myers' gaffs and have played with him at times. I think it'll be a rotation of those two on the bottom pairing with Myers with OEL sits with Hronek.

That just leaves Hughes all alone with someone - if we're lazy it'll just end up being Bear at 2.2M but I hope we pull someone else out of the hat for him...

• Upvote 1