Miller 

Demko

Garland

for

Peeke

Johnson

Jack Roslovic

34th OA

Columbus most importantly gets to keep the 3rd OA and draft Fantili or Carlsson whilst adding both Miller and Demko to help improve their chances at the playoffs next season and add a skilled 5 on 5 winger in Garland to shore up thier middle 6. 

The Canucks retain their 11th OA to draft player X. They add Peeke to play the rightside along with Hughes whilst also adding  Johnson and Roslovic to fill out the 2C/3C roles. We also add a an early 2nd this year.  We could bring up Silovs this year with a much improved top 6 defense or sign someone like Tristan Jarry until Silovs is ready. We save or could save upto 8 million in cap space not including the eventual move of Beauvillier, Myers and expiring contracts of Perason and Poolman. We now have 11th and 34th to draft both a RHS defenseman and a C (Wood and Gulyayev?)

Fair value? Who says no? Who adds to make it this work? 

Kuzmenko Pettersson Mikhayev

Hoglander Johnson Boeser 

Podkolzin Roslovic Joshua 

Hughes Peeke

OEL Hronek 

Hirose Burroughs 

Silovs/Jarry 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Miller 

Demko

Garland

for

Peeke

Johnson

Jack Roslovic

34th OA

Columbus most importantly gets to keep the 3rd OA and draft Fantili or Carlsson whilst adding both Miller and Demko to help improve their chances at the playoffs next season and add a skilled 5 on 5 winger in Garland to shore up thier middle 6. 

The Canucks retain their 11th OA to draft player X. They add Peeke to play the rightside along with Hughes whilst also adding  Johnson and Roslovic to fill out the 2C/3C roles. We also add a an early 2nd this year.  We could bring up Silovs this year with a much improved top 6 defense or sign someone like Tristan Jarry until Silovs is ready. We save or could save upto 8 million in cap space not including the eventual move of Beauvillier, Myers and expiring contracts of Perason and Poolman. We now have 11th and 34th to draft both a RHS defenseman and a C (Wood and Gulyayev?)

Hoglander Johnson Boeser 

Hughes Peeke

OEL Hronek 

Hirose Burroughs 

Silovs/Jarry 

Johnson as the 2C coming back for Miller is interesting, plus you’ve answered our 2 biggest needs, and a high 2nd. Hurts to lose Demko, but that also makes it more realistic.

Nice proposal!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

It's a solid proposal but I cant help but feel it favours Columbus a bit 

Miller and Demko immediately solidify their team at 1C and 1G, I don't necessarily believe Garland is equated to a dump

Johnson and Peeke are good value, so is the 2nd, but Roslovic is a pending UFA, he's probably the piece of the deal that I'm not as comfortable with 

I'd feel more comfortable if we were able to speak to his camp and work out the framework of an extension in advance 

I also question where this leaves Columbus with Elvis, who is locked in at 5.4M for another four seasons, I expect they won't want to be spending 10.4M on goaltending 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Rather have 3OA instead of Johnson. Carlsson is by far the better player. 

Yeah, not sure what to make of Johnson. Arguably the best puck skills of his draft, local guy, very skilled but light. He and Petey could balance Byfuglien on a seesaw

Columbus takes $18M in cap, gives Canucks $7.75.  Columbus doesn't do the deal even if they have $12M in free cap.  Also, who says they're trying to make the playoffs next year?  Their future 1C isn't drafted yet.  There's no rush.

Also, the Canucks are not moving their star goalie and point a game centre.  

The Canucks make moves but not core players 

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yeah, not sure what to make of Johnson. Arguably the best puck skills of his draft, local guy, very skilled but light. He and Petey could balance Byfuglien on a seesaw

I'd say Byfuglien still outweighs them by around 20 pounds...

Could contain: Shirt, Accessories, Formal Wear, Tie, People, Person, Suit, Pants, Photography, Portrait

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Columbus takes $18M in cap, gives Canucks $7.75.  Columbus doesn't do the deal even if they have $12M in free cap.  Also, who says they're trying to make the playoffs next year?  Their future 1C isn't drafted yet.  There's no rush.

Also, the Canucks are not moving their star goalie and point a game centre.  

The Canucks make moves but not core players 

Kekaleinen.  At the 6:50 min mark.  Johnson and any of their top prospects seem to be considered untouchables though.  They are looking for some veterans to help their key young players take that next step.  Portzline lists Johnson, Sillinger, Jiricek, Marchenko, Gaudreau, Jenner, Werenski as untouchables and it doesn't sound like 3rd overall would be available as they hope to draft that franchise C1 with that pick.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Miller 

Demko

Garland

for

Peeke

Johnson

Jack Roslovic

34th OA

Hoglander Johnson Boeser 

Hughes Peeke

OEL Hronek 

Hirose Burroughs 

Silovs/Jarry 

Doesn't seem like enough value for the Canucks.

Realistic return values on these guys:

Miller = decent to good roster player, B+ tier prospect, 1st round pick

Demko = decent to good roster player, B+ tier prospect, 1st round pick

Garland = 2nd round pick

Roslovic = decent to good roster player

Peeke = decent to good roster player

34OA = 1st round pick

Johnson = A tier prospect = 2 B+ tier prospects

I'd say we're missing a 1st round pick and and 2nd round pick in value.  That's quite a bit.

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Garland = 2nd round pick

34OA = 1st round pick

I'd say we're missing a 1st round pick and and 2nd round pick in value.  That's quite a bit.

If Garland was worth a 2nd round pick, he wouldn't still be here my dude.

He's going to be a cap dump with negative value in any trade.

Think we get way too much value there, either one of Johnson or Roslovic but I doubt both. KJ is a former 5OA pick, 40pts last year and is primed to breakout, he could be a star in a season or two.

I'd say Miller + Beauvillier/Garland for Peeke + Roslovic + 2nd 

OR

Miller + Boeser for Johnson + Peeke + 2nd

Honestly either trade addresses a bunch of our needs - get a young center (albeit 2C), get a young RD, get a pick, get a bucket of cap space we could use elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattWN. said:

If Garland was worth a 2nd round pick, he wouldn't still be here my dude.

He's going to be a cap dump with negative value in any trade.

Maybe he's still here because coach and management sees him as a good player for us.  He is definitely not negative value.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Rather have 3OA instead of Johnson. Carlsson is by far the better player. 

He very well could be. If I'm Columbus and I want to compete, I prefer the 3OA on an ELC so that I can use that money to bolster the lineup through trade and free agency. Picks 1-3OA will not be moved barring an overpayment, something the Canucks cannot afford. 

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe he's still here because coach and management sees him as a good player for us.  He is definitely not negative value.

lol. If you say so dude.

We're almost 2 mil over the cap for next year, and garland still has term on a bloated contract. 

But yeah, they're purposely keeping him instead of moving him for a 2nd round pick, because of reasons.

21 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It's a solid proposal but I cant help but feel it favours Columbus a bit 

Miller and Demko immediately solidify their team at 1C and 1G, I don't necessarily believe Garland is equated to a dump

Johnson and Peeke are good value, so is the 2nd, but Roslovic is a pending UFA, he's probably the piece of the deal that I'm not as comfortable with 

I'd feel more comfortable if we were able to speak to his camp and work out the framework of an extension in advance 

I also question where this leaves Columbus with Elvis, who is locked in at 5.4M for another four seasons, I expect they won't want to be spending 10.4M on goaltending 

Someone else commented that as well and i agree to an extent that we may need another small add on both sides, but one that favors the Canucks. Maybe something like CLB adding Jake Beane and us throwing in someone like Max Sassons or later 2024 pick or something. 

21 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If I'm giving up Miller, who management supposedly wanted two 1st for from Pittsburgh, plus Demko I'm wanting better value back 

Only problem is Miller may have been worth the two firsts without an extension in place at that time. Now that he has a 7 year contract at 8m and the cap is only slated to go up 1m next season, i think it diminishes his value a bit. 

16 hours ago, mll said:

Kekaleinen.  At the 6:50 min mark.  Johnson and any of their top prospects seem to be considered untouchables though.  They are looking for some veterans to help their key young players take that next step.  Portzline lists Johnson, Sillinger, Jiricek, Marchenko, Gaudreau, Jenner, Werenski as untouchables and it doesn't sound like 3rd overall would be available as they hope to draft that franchise C1 with that pick.

That should definitely be the way they should be building things, but you cant add talented star players for nothing. Have to give to get. Adding Miller (who I do not want to trade) would be amazing for some of thier young players. 

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Garland = 2nd round pick

34OA = 1st round pick

2nd rounder in 2024

We're missing the 2nd rounder for Garland, who I actually think has more of a 3rd round pick value given term left on his contract and his cap hit. Not negative value though like some tend to believe. I dont believe Demko gets that 1st rounder. Maybe an equivalent prospect. I just dont find goalies to have that much value in trades. 

We can either take out Garland all together, or we try to even things up by asking for a 3rd rounder this year, or a 2nd rounder next year.