The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flames name Ryan Huska as head coach

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

People seem to moan and whine when the Canucks bring in a new coach though 

Sports fans complain about x, y, and z, more news at 5PM.. 

Tocchet isn't fresh blood at the NHL level, we're the third organization he's gotten a head coaching job with and his start came back in 2008-2009, he's just fresh here. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Sports fans complain about x, y, and z, more news at 5PM.. 

Tocchet isn't fresh blood at the NHL level, we're the third organization he's gotten a head coaching job with and his start came back in 2008-2009, he's just fresh here. 

More or less over the top whining about a rookie head coach, as if re tread after re tread is some sort of fail safe move.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

More or less over the top whining about a rookie head coach, as if re tread after re tread is some sort of fail safe move.

We'd have back to back rookie coaches in Desjardins and Green prior to Boudreau's brief stint without much success during the tenure of either, folks wanting a more experienced head coach was understandable. But hey, Tocchet isn't a rookie and hasn't been in a while. Dude is almost 60 years old and coaching his third franchise. So we're getting just that. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

And Willie Desjardins is still holding out for more money. Can’t blame him really. 

To be fair to Willie (who I've made fun of as much as anybody), he seemed to be a really nice guy (my opinion).  Just a horrible NHL head coach (better minor league head coach).

Honestly, I'm shocked that the Flames didn't hire Mitch Love. Seemed like the obvious fit. I won't be shocked if Mitch Love moves to another team next season but I guess good on Ryan Huska for getting the job seemingly out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Honestly, I'm shocked that the Flames didn't hire Mitch Love. Seemed like the obvious fit. I won't be shocked if Mitch Love moves to another team next season but I guess good on Ryan Huska for getting the job seemingly out of nowhere.

- DELETED -

Just realized he was already in the Flames organization as an assistant.

Edited by ABNuck

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be fair to Willie (who I've made fun of as much as anybody), he seemed to be a really nice guy (my opinion).  Just a horrible NHL head coach (better minor league head coach).

Oh yeah. Nobody said he’s a horrible person. He’s a lousy NHL head coach, just like you said though. I just like poking fun at him. 

• Cheers 2