Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What happened to Dale Tallon

Rate this topic


Fred65

Recommended Posts

I see DaleTallon is still listed and yet not sound is heard from him or indeed management. Senior advisor hockey opeations. I would have thought he'd be a tad more visible. Does he have an opinion, does he tend towards the Pro scouting ( I doubt he travels the amatuer circuit, it's more f a young mans job ) Does he attend scouting meetings. I'm simply curious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got excited when I saw the topic title. There was no question mark  in the topic title so I thought you were actually going to dispense the news of what happened to Dale Talon. 
For real am interested in this as his name randomly came into my head when the boys on radio were talking Canucks draft room/table in an aside.

Now I gotta know for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zimmy said:

Got excited when I saw the topic title. There was no question mark  in the topic title so I thought you were actually going to dispense the news of what happened to Dale Talon. 
For real am interested in this as his name randomly came into my head when the boys on radio were talking Canucks draft room/table in an aside.

Now I gotta know for sure.

Alf is confused. Is Talon working for us now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's a Senior Advisor. So not sure what level he works at. Sounds to me he just assists Jim Rutherford. Basically like a consultant.

 

Yeah they hired Dale Talon for the Senior Advisor last June.. Can't have enough expired hockey guys like talon..Built a good team in Chicago ..Bowman basically took over and big guy players were there from Talon.. They won cups with Talons team..

He set up Florida well also..They moved him upper management and new GM made some bad trades..

Talon took over GM spot again in Florida.. Like what Talon did in Chicago and Florida..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, wildcam said:

Yeah they hired Dale Talon for the Senior Advisor last June.. Can't have enough expired hockey guys like talon..Built a good team in Chicago ..Bowman basically took over and big guy players were there from Talon.. They won cups with Talons team..

He set up Florida well also..They moved him upper management and new GM made some bad trades..

Talon took over GM spot again in Florida.. Like what Talon did in Chicago and Florida..

Tallon has actually helped build some excellent teams.   That chicago team was so stacked.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tallon had has hands on the Chicago dynasty as well as the current Florida team.  

 

He's been with us for only a year, but you're right OP, I haven't seen him or heard much from him.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's been allowed to work from home/scout stuff close to his home perhaps. He's getting up there in age. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tallon had has hands on the Chicago dynasty as well as the current Florida team.  

 

He's been with us for only a year, but you're right OP, I haven't seen him or heard much from him.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's been allowed to work from home/scout stuff close to his home perhaps. He's getting up there in age. 

Yeah i think he's pretty fixed as a Florida resident and  who can blame him. However it would be nice to hear the oddmention of him as in W

"Well Dale thought"  during management discussions. I will say this a senior advisor has been badly missed in Vcr for decades. I always though Pat Quinn could have filled the role of thoughtful second opinion/thought/reflection 

Edited by Fred65
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 7:13 PM, Alflives said:

What for? Was he with the Hawks when they covered up the rape? 

There's no comparative evidence of such involvement in covering up anything let alone rape. His sin in Chicago, and it got him fired was his lack of understanding of the cap. Money issues. He got canned because of poor executive moves. 

Edited by aqua59
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...