Dijiseppe Miller Mikheyev 

Hoglander Frederic Beavillier 

Joshua Dries Aman  

Studnika Podkozin 

Hughes Schenn

OEL Hronek 

Hirose Boroughs 

Wolanen Bear 

First trade with Chicago is horrible value for us. 

Myers can probably get us an asset back, and that asset would go up in value the longer we hold onto him. 

Not a big fan of the rest of the trades either, but I agree with the sentiment that we need more size and toughness in the lineup. 

54 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Myers can probably get us an asset back, and that asset would go up in value the longer we hold onto him. 

Not a big fan of the rest of the trades either, but I agree with the sentiment that we need more size and toughness in the lineup. 

54 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, good luck with Myers fetching anything essential in return. 

• Thanks 2

We can draft someone like Matthew Wood, Tom Willander or may be even Michkov/Reinbacher. 

No idea why this fanbase is so stupidly eager to throw it away. Just to chase a "retool" that's highly likely to fail based on the results of previous seasons. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

People have got to stop with trading Myers to Chicago.He has 10 team no trade.A guy basically from Western Canada with homes in Vancouver and Kelowna is not moving to Illinois to finish  his career if he decides to call it.Please stop.He's never going to a rebuild.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Yeah well, he's not going to fetch anything essential, but if you wait until the TDL, a contending team could very well be interested and we'd at least get something back instead of letting him walk for nothing. 

• There it is 1

21 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Yeah well, he's not going to fetch anything essential, but if you wait until the TDL, a contending team could very well be interested and we'd at least get something back instead of letting him walk for nothing. 

Yup. Myers will be traded (if at all) at the 2024 TDL as a rental. retain 50% for the last couple months and Myers returns a late second from a contender. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Myers will be traded (if at all) at the 2024 TDL as a rental. retain 50% for the last couple months and Myers returns a late second from a contender. 

Ahem Gold Medal-winning Tyler Myers sounds much better in trade talks.

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

We can draft someone like Matthew Wood, Tom Willander or may be even Michkov/Reinbacher. 

No idea why this fanbase is so stupidly eager to throw it away. Just to chase a "retool" that's highly likely to fail based on the results of previous seasons. 

It is not that we are eager, quite the opposite we are resolved to seeing the worst, most short sighted possible decisions.

Ownership has given management ultimatum, playoff chase now, future is next GMs problem.

This isn't our choice it is ownerships we just pay the price as fans.

1 hour ago, cowboy644 said:

People have got to stop with trading Myers to Chicago.He has 10 team no trade.A guy basically from Western Canada with homes in Vancouver and Kelowna is not moving to Illinois to finish  his career if he decides to call it.Please stop.He's never going to a rebuild.

If I had a chance to play with Bedard on an original six team before my career ends, I'd probably do it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Teams do do stupid things at the deadline true but I would think more like a 4th.

1 hour ago, cowboy644 said:

I'm sorry to break the bad news to Tyler Myers, but he's been playing on rebuilds for the bulk of his career. 

• elephant 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If that's the case, that means we are having another "bubble" playoff season.   For sure it's a possibility.   I look at next season as another step towards getting us to the first round so won't be surprised if this does happen either.    But for sure hope we are going to make it.   This team needs playoff reps and soon.   Regardless it should be a step in the right direction.   See both Beau and Myers as guys we trade with retention this year.    And it's part of the elephant.    If we are solidly on a playoff spot.   Then we won't be trading anyone.   That's ok too. 

Edited by IBatch

6 hours ago, zzbottom said:

My point was that giving up the 11th overall to go down to 19th overall is a huge loss in value equivalent to a high 2nd round pick. So giving up Myers on top of it is a big negative for us in that deal. 

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

You're honestly worried about Myers walking away for nothing?  I'm worried about us PAYING assets to get rid of Myers and you're worried about him walking for free?

In any case, you'd have to find a playoff team dumb enough to openly take him at 50% retained cap of $3 million.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drakrami said:

the only trades we should be considering at the draft are trades that can get us additional picks

i wouldnt hate the idea of trading Garland at 50% retained for a couple of picks

Some other team will get a few years of great service at a cheap cap hit, we'll get a couple more picks

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

I'll offer to buy him a skytrain all day pass so he doesn't have to walk to the airport.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Trade 1 

To Chicago -  11th, Myers

To Van - 19th, Depth prospect 

To Arizona - 19th, Boeser 

To Van - Crouse, 2nd 

To Van - Trent Frederic

To Bos - Garland (50% retained) 

Sign Schenn 

Lines

Kuzmenko Pettersson Crouse  

Dijiseppe Miller Mikheyev 

Hoglander Frederic Beavillier 

Joshua Dries Aman  

Studnika Podkozin 

Hughes Schenn

OEL Hronek 

Hirose Boroughs 

Wolanen Bear 

3rd line is way too soft. i like a player like crouse on petey's line. i'ld move joshua up to 3rd line with frederic and one of podkolzin, hoglander or beauvillier.

move studnika to 4th line with dries and aman. otherwise, not bad.

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Kurt Nirvanagut said:

If the Canucks wait till the 2024 TDL and retain 50% and also potentially get a 3rd team involved to retain even more then YES Myers does have trade value...won't net a premium return but this is what I prefer the Canucks do. Hold on to Myers, we suffered for 5 years, keep him till the TDL and flip him for a draft pick with retention or double retention.

Move out: Beauvillier( replace with Hoglander) Trade 1 of Garland/Boeser. Consider the best offer you can obtain for JT Miller before his NTC kicks in, move him if you get a return you like, keep him if the offers are poor. He is still a very good player and can fill a void for us as we wait for younger prospects to develop and one day grab a prominent NHL role eventually.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

That would be nice.