The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is no one talking about the missing submarine?

Nucklehead22

24 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Secret video of OceanGate's newest addition to their fleet  (please do not share this exclusive video):

If the passengers could have seen these old comic book ads none of this would have happened. :P

• Cheers 1

At least I was smart enough in the 70's when I was reading comic books, when I saw ad's for Sea Monkeys, Submarines etc, I'm like, wait it's only $7? What?

I could tell stuff that's too good to be true, even at a young age. So sad that companies preyed on kids, and because the amounts were so small, no one would probably sue.

They might complain. Going to Toys N' Wheels was good enough for me. And the real metal Tonka trucks would last for all the abuse my brother and I could give.

$7 bucks almost got you a Matchbox car back in the day.

• Cheers 1

While this is a terrible outcome, it would have at least been a quick death. Slowly suffocating in a tiny freezing cold cramped dark space with 4 other people for several days is pretty much my worst nightmare so I’d take the catastrophic hull implosion any day. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like the Titanic has claimed 5 more lives 112 years after its sinking.

The Titanic was full of rich people (and lots of poor people too) that went down with the ship.  Now 5 more rich people has gone down.  Sort of an  eerie coincidence.

They thought the Titanic was unsinkable.   These 5 people thought they will come back alive.  No such luck.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Looks like the Titanic has claimed 5 more lives 112 years after its sinking.

The Titanic was full of rich people (and lots of poor people too) that went down with the ship.  Now 5 more rich people has gone down.  Sort of an  eerie coincidence.

They thought the Titanic was unsinkable.   These 5 people thought they will come back alive.  No such luck.

RMS Titanic at least complied with out of date safety rules with it's lifeboats. They didn't seem to cut corners like the Titan did.

I guess hubris is still being given the ultimate test by Mother Nature.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

At least I was smart enough in the 70's when I was reading comic books, when I saw ad's for Sea Monkeys, Submarines etc, I'm like, wait it's only $7? What?

I could tell stuff that's too good to be true, even at a young age. So sad that companies preyed on kids, and because the amounts were so small, no one would probably sue.

They might complain. Going to Toys N' Wheels was good enough for me. And the real metal Tonka trucks would last for all the abuse my brother and I could give.

$7 bucks almost got you a Matchbox car back in the day.

I bought those X-ray see thru glasses because I wanted to see....errr :P

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Until they find the bodies, I hold out hope that they swam to the surface, found a hidden tropical island full of beautiful women and are living their best lives.

Damn you for making me laugh at a time like this!

Catastrophic implosion: The Titanic-bound submersible that went missing on Sunday with five people on board suffered a “catastrophic implosion,” killing everyone on board, US Coast Guard Rear Adm. John Mauger said Thursday. A remotely operated vehicle found the tail cone about 1,600 feet away from the bow of the shipwreck, Mauger said.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I feel especially for the 19 year old who had his life cut short. 

I can’t fathom why one would risk his progeny’s life along with his own. 

Guess he didn’t have the evolutionary instincts in ensuring one’s spawn survival.