Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Miller to Calgary for Lindholm


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

He’s almost 2 years younger and 2 Million cheaper. Great 2 way game. I’m sure he’d more than likely extend here with our Swedish connection.

Younger and cheaper.  Plays 1st line.  In other words, just a better player.  And you think Calgary is okay with that.

 

What a stupid proposal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Why does everyone keep wanting to get rid of Miller!? They guy does everything for this team and is probably paid less than he deserves, at least in the short term. For a team that may be lacking a bit in physicality and grit, we need more guys like him, not less.

I agree. He's clearly been one of our best players since he's arrived, a ppg guy, with grit, who hates to lose. 

 

Every team needs guys like him, and it just so happens, he's on our team. 

 

But hey, let's trade away that albatross of a contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree. He's clearly been one of our best players since he's arrived, a ppg guy, with grit, who hates to lose. 

 

Every team needs guys like him, and it just so happens, he's on our team. 

 

But hey, let's trade away that albatross of a contract. 

I agree he’s a great player, Lindholm is also a great player, not a bag of pucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Younger and cheaper.  Plays 1st line.  In other words, just a better player.  And you think Calgary is okay with that.

 

What a stupid proposal. 

I think Calgary probably wants a player for player deal for a guy with term. Since signing Huberdeau and Kadre they sort of have to go for it rather than get picks and prospects. But that’s just my rational, stupid or not.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

I think Calgary probably wants a player for player deal for a guy with term. Since signing Huberdeau and Kadre they sort of have to go for it rather than get picks and prospects. But that’s just my rational, stupid or not.

And what is wrong with Lindholm being their primary first line centre?  He's cheap and still has two years left.  Why on earth would they dump that for someone OLDER and MORE EXPENSIVE??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vanisleryan said:

He’s almost 2 years younger and 2 Million cheaper. Great 2 way game. I’m sure he’d more than likely extend here with our Swedish connection.

At this point, I don't think Miller is going anywhere. I think management still feel like we are close to competing with the right moves and rebalancing the team. Our window should be opening in the next 12 months and I believe management thinks the same and that is why they are keeping him.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

Why does everyone keep wanting to get rid of Miller!? They guy does everything for this team and is probably paid less than he deserves, at least in the short term. For a team that may be lacking a bit in physicality and grit, we need more guys like him, not less.

Some folks want a different fit. Believe it or not proposing Miller for Lindholm isn't a slight to Miller, Lindholm is a fantastic two-way center. Dude was a Selke finalist, and the runner up to Bergeron, the season before last. 

 

A one-two punch of him and Pettersson is nothing to sneeze at, suddenly you have two top-six centers who are legit two-way players. 

 

You don't have to want to move Miller, nobody's saying you do, but other folks are entitled to views that don't line up with yours. If you don't like trade Miller threads you're more than welcome to click on a different one. 

  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

And what is wrong with Lindholm being their primary first line centre?  He's cheap and still has two years left.  Why on earth would they dump that for someone OLDER and MORE EXPENSIVE??

1yr and 3 months younger:shock: and will be a UFA after the coming season.  I'll bet he gets a comparable contract to

Miller.  Only once in his career so far, has he scored above +30 goals. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Some folks want a different fit. Believe it or not proposing Miller for Lindholm isn't a slight to Miller, Lindholm is a fantastic two-way center. Dude was a Selke finalist, and the runner up to Bergeron, the season before last. 

 

A one-two punch of him and Pettersson is nothing to sneeze at, suddenly you have two top-six centers who are legit two-way players. 

 

You don't have to want to move Miller, nobody's saying you do, but other folks are entitled to views that don't line up with yours. If you don't like trade Miller threads you're more than welcome to click on a different one. 

Oh I'm not upset at the proposal or anything, I enjoy these discussions and am exercising my right to passionately defend keeping JT Miller! Not sure I said anything that warrants me staying out of this thread.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

And what is wrong with Lindholm being their primary first line centre?  He's cheap and still has two years left.  Why on earth would they dump that for someone OLDER and MORE EXPENSIVE??

Only 1 year left and is a UFA. Going to need an extension and talks out of Calgary are some players don't plan to resign. Miller gives them a top 6 center back with term locked in. 

 

I'd only say yes on Vancouver's end if they are able to speak with Lindholm and work out an extension first. I also would only want to pay him around $7 million or less. 

 

To be honest likely not the right target for Vancouver anyway. Would prefer someone a couple years younger at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Oh I'm not upset at the proposal or anything, I enjoy these discussions and am exercising my right to passionately defend keeping JT Miller! Not sure I said anything that warrants me staying out of this thread.

You're more than welcome to, but just remember it goes both ways. Point is, you don't need to defend Miller, trade proposals aren't attacks on his abilities. If folks didn't think he held value you wouldn't see proposals for value. Some folks simply have different views.

 

If there isn't room for varying views CDC just ends up being an echo chamber. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You're more than welcome to, but just remember it goes both ways. Point is, you don't need to defend Miller, trade proposals aren't attacks on his abilities. If folks didn't think he held value you wouldn't see proposals for value. Some folks simply have different views.

 

If there isn't room for varying views CDC just ends up being an echo chamber. 

 

So you want people expressing varying views, but you don't like me expressing my varying view? We might have to hash this one out over a beer lol. 

 

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...