The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade Kevin Hayes to Blues for 2024 6th-round pick

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Lots going on.  

Wonder if Allvin gets into the action - though I have a gut feeling that if he has a major play it’ll be at the draft so maybe just something small.

Usually by the draft I feel nothings going to happen but I hope you’re right and we see some fun 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interesting...

Strange to see two teams seemingly both at the start of a retool/rebuild making trades.

Usually it's sending players to contending teams for assets, or weaponizing cap space.

I wonder if there is a 3rd team involved.

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

Interesting...

Strange to see two teams seemingly both at the start of a retool/rebuild making trades.

Usually it's sending players to contending teams for assets, or weaponizing cap space.

I wonder if there is a 3rd team involved.

I don’t remember where but I thought I heard that the Blues wanted to do a quick turnaround. 

Have to see the full deal to see where their mindset is at. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don’t remember where but I thought I heard that the Blues wanted to do a quick turnaround. 

Have to see the full deal to see where their mindset is at. 

Yea, they are the more retool team I was talking about. Still seems to strange to be wanting to add Hayes, depending on the return/salary retained.

3 minutes ago, Caboose said:

STL has 3 1sts, I am guessing Hayes and Laughton going for picks and Parayko.

Rumor has it Philly turned down a St Louis trade that had them getting a 1st and two 2nds for Laughton. This trade will tell us just how factual that "rumor" was, cause when I heard it I thought Philly would be dumb to turn down that haul for Laughton. Lol.