[proposal] the goose is on the loose

To CBJ

JTM

11OA

To VAN

3OA

1 of Rosolovic/Peeke

UFA:

Sign ROR for 6 // 6.5 million x 2/3years?

JK has stated he has been looking for a young C, BUT assuming he is serious about making some noise next season/getting the most out of JG etc. that’s what the proposal hinges on.  JK has said acquiring C’s is hard. They could still draft a really good player at 11OA that they can slowly develop while JT steps in right away and contributes big time. Their PP w JT/JG/Laine/Werenski could be scary good. With the cap going up next season CBJ can comfortably re-sign Sillinger etc or make trades.

PA gets Carlsson that he covets, and Canucks overpay ROR for a couple of years to help fill the void, perhaps add that experience/mentorship he has in spades.  1 of Rosolovic/Peeke fill a hole and manage cap. Love JT but this sets the team up long term down the middle w less risk.

Never gonna happen but that’s my wild draft day scenario.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Honest question. I love you Goose btw. Great name and avatar but why are we still pretending like trading Miller is a possibility?

Edit: missed the never going to happen part. Fair enough 

Edited by Devron
Edit

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Honest question. I love you Goose btw. Great name and avatar but why are we still pretending like trading Miller is a possibility?

Edit: missed the never going to happen part. Fair enough 

I was so close to screaming at you

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Fun, love it but will never happen like you said. 
Hopefully something happens other than picking 11th and making UFA signings. 

Some deft UFA signings would be ok. The idea of Cole intrigues me, but yeah, if they could trade Garland to give them more space/options Id be on board for sure.

38 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

To CBJ

JTM

11OA

To VAN

3OA

1 of Rosolovic/Peeke

UFA:

JK has stated he has been looking for a young C, BUT assuming he is serious about making some noise next season/getting the most out of JG etc. that’s what the proposal hinges on.  JK has said acquiring C’s is hard. They could still draft a really good player at 11OA that they can slowly develop while JT steps in right away and contributes big time. Their PP w JT/JG/Laine/Werenski could be scary good. With the cap going up next season CBJ can comfortably re-sign Sillinger etc or make trades.

PA gets Carlsson that he covets, and Canucks overpay ROR for a couple of years to help fill the void, perhaps add that experience/mentorship he has in spades.  1 of Rosolovic/Peeke fill a hole and manage cap. Love JT but this sets the team up long term down the middle w less risk.

Horrible trade.

We would need a 2c lol and another d . 

We move far down the draft where at 11 we could get a way better player.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

To CBJ

JTM

11OA

To VAN

3OA

1 of Rosolovic/Peeke

UFA:

This is the kind of trade that make sense.. If we trade Miller we have to replace #2 C right away..

ROR yes even 6.5 million X 4 yrs solid #2 guy. We save 1.5 million and we get a young RD Peeke 6'3 - 25 -#4 guy with very good contract under 2.5 million..

The NHL draft is the most boring of all drafts. There is literally zero movement at the top of the draft. I can't even remember the last time a team moved a top 5 pick at or right before the draft, you would probably have to back to the pre- salary cap era. You look at the NFL and NBA drafts and you have teams frequently moving top picks, but in the NHL GMs are just way too conservative with top picks.

Of course I am excluding picks that were traded well in advance like Kessel for #2 overall (Seguin), Duchene for #4 overall (Byram) or Karlsson for #3 overall (Stutzle). Essentially unless you are trading for an unprotected pick in next year's draft you might have as well forget about trading for a top 5 pick. I can't help but roll my eyes anytime a GM says they want to move up, good luck finding a partner to do that.

Well Goose! I do not like your trade, but it is not the worst I have ever seen. Hell I have made worse! 

But IMO, we need to draft a defenseman this year. One of either Reinbacher, Simashev or Willander..................who ever our GM thinks we should take

But I think the real big acquisition should be next year, as there are multiple Dmen in the top 10, most of which are RHD............

That is right, draft a Dman 2 years in a row. in the 1st round, yet!..........can you imagine?

Miller and 11oa to CBJ is a good base for a trade, what I hear from their fans is they wouldn't consider trading 3oa unless there was #1 center coming back. Roslovic would need to be the one coming back to Van though, to make CBJ cap work.

I just think we would need to add. Like Teows said, when was the last time someone traded into the top 5? The price would be extremely high to do so!

Example: Miller,11oa & 2024 protrcted 1st round pick for 3oa & Roslovic.

Or

Miller, 11oa & Demko for 3oa, Merzlikins & Roslovic.

Will management make a swing for the fences for Carlsson or Michkov, doubt it. I'll be happy with holding at 11oa and picking the best player available. 

Carlsson + Peeke for Miller + Reinbacher is a pretty interesting trade to be fair.

I'd do it, we slow the clock down a bit but only by like a year or two. Petey and Hughes can hang onto their jock-straps for a couple of years. We get the younger center, older defenceman, and they get the older center to play with their older forwards and younger defenceman because their D is stacked right now anyway. Makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Carlsson could push Petey off top center, he's that good. We have a shot at two legit 100pt centers for the next what...decade? Not to mention 6M extra cap space we use to sign Graves (and if we're lucky Kampf if we jiggle some things).

So really, this trade is:

TO CBJ: Miller + Reinbacher

TO VAN: Leo Carlsson + Peeke + Graves + Kampf

Take the deal and run. I'd add Rathbone and a 3rd if we have to.