The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign Ivan Barbashev

55 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

I would have kept Smith over Barbashev at that price.

Smith is about 5 years older and their production is similar offensively. I believe Barbashev is more physical. I think they made the right choice here.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Very fair deal for him and if the cap rises.. He must love the team, the win, the city and everything. Good for him and save us from the fear of overpaying. But in a perfect world he would have been fantastic in our top 6.

31 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Wow, that's another potential target for teams off the market for July 1.

Keep in mind, the more guys are off the market, the better it is for Garland market value. 

The most productive under 30 wingers remaining in UFA are now Domi, Bunting,  Bertuzzi, Engvall and Drouin. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

@grandmaster what are you hoping to see from the Nucks today? 

The more I think about it, the more I wouldn’t mind  a slight trade down into the later teens and unload one of our wingers and also get a second. If we have to, retain a mill. Our winger situation is ridiculous and the kid’s in that draft range all look good.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

The more I think about it, the more I wouldn’t mind  a slight trade down into the later teens and unload one of our wingers and also get a second. If we have to, retain a mill. Our winger situation is ridiculous and the kid’s in that draft range all look good.

Yeah, I’d be down with that

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

The most productive under 30 wingers remaining in UFA are now Domi, Bunting,  Bertuzzi, Engvall and Drouin. 

Yup, and Bertuzzi will likely be off the market by July 1st and possibly Bunting.

Drouin I think is overrated and injury issues.

Domi might be okay and same with Engvall.

I said before, I think Garland's contract becvomes more valuable as we hit Free Agency. His cap hit is slightly high, but it's also fixed for another 3 seasons against inflation as the cap starts to move again next summer.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If CHI wants 19 for 11 maybe we could also swing for Connor Murphy. Give them the rights to Bear on top of a dump or two. 

More pipe dream ish but Connor Murphy has good value at 4.4M for a top 4 RH defensive dman. 

• Cheers 2

Gotta draft and develop. That's the recipe to building a winning team. 

Then when you get close you add UFAs as finishing touches..

Gotta stop giving away 1st and 2nd round picks and start drafting and developing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1