The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux talking to Stetcher’s agent

RWJC

For a 7-8 guy, sure.  Super popular guy, bleeds Canucks.  When we let him go we were hoping to upgrade…. we only got worse.

He, Edler, and Tanev were our best shot suppressors and when they left everything fell apart.

Not sure if he can replicate that level of play again.  No risk as it will be less than can be buried in the minors.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Slegr said:

No thank you. Too small, too average. Big hearts and good intentions do not necessarily translate to success in NHL. They just make you cheer and feel sorry for the guy who can't keep the puck out of his own net.

I've said this many times, Stetcher type players are average in regular season, but come playoffs these are the guys you need for a long run

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I've said this many times, Stetcher type players are average in regular season, but come playoffs these are the guys you need for a long run

I'm not entirely sold on that.

• Cheers 1

For the right price, as depth... Sure I guess. I do love Tony Stretcher, and the guy does give'er.

Not really what we need though, we've got nothing but depth D options already. We need some top 4 and beef back there. Neither is those is Stretcher.

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

That was when no other outlets were reporting it...seemed strange that the province was beating EF, etc.

Did the Nux re-hire Rachel Doerrie because leaks were her forte