Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sure, kick us when we're down!


icycold

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The people that are "skipping meals" are the ones that get the rebates. I disagree that this is the wrong time to do it. We've already been kicking the can down the road for far too long.

Yes they are getting rebates and they still can't make ends meet and the food bank line-ups are worse than ever! 

 And this is only going to make it worse, it was set that we would come as close to net zero by 2050, we do not have to do it all at once! 

 Maybe your mistaking my observation that I want to disregard climate change but that's not true, I'm for it BUT it shouldn't come at a cost of people going without proper food and clothing, the basics. Both can be done, it's not one or the other.

 That's my point.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

I opened this thread, thinking it would be another Burnaby Tim Hortons thread.

Ok I'm in PG now, whati with the Timmies? They already pissed me off that they took out the Tim's self serve in gas stations which was handy/time saving, trust me I help finance that company!! Extra Large 3x3 please, I used to be a double/double fan but I since reformed! :P

 

Edited by icycold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, icycold said:

Yes they are getting rebates and they still can't make ends meet and the food bank line-ups are worse than ever! 

 And this is only going to make it worse, it was set that we would come as close to net zero by 2050, we do not have to do it all at once! 

 Maybe your mistaking my observation that I want to disregard climate change but that's not true, I'm for it BUT it shouldn't come at a cost of people going without proper food and clothing, the basics. Both can be done, it's not one or the other.

 That's my point.. 

The rebates offset the carbon tax, so saying that it "costs people proper food and clothing" is unsupported by facts. That is, unless you can post some actual evidence that supports your claim....

 

...and we are light years away from "doing it all at once". The carbon tax is just a small piece of the puzzle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The rebates offset the carbon tax, so saying that it "costs people proper food and clothing" is unsupported by facts. That is, unless you can post some actual evidence that supports your claim....

 

...and we are light years away from "doing it all at once". The carbon tax is just a small piece of the puzzle.

Their not giving out rebates on this, this time. They did last one but as far as I heard their not doing it this time but let's use the gst for example, if you think the government gave me back anywhere near what I've paid out on gst, you'd be so wrongggg! 

 

Edited by icycold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Their food sucks & their coffee is like warm water with a crayon dipped into it.

 

/end of thread

Well, yeah but I was referring to that particular one in Burnaby, in which all these threads kept popping up in regards to health and safety violations and their treatment of disabled and homeless people.

  • There it is 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, icycold said:

Their not giving out rebates on this, this time. They did last one but as far as I heard their not doing it this time but let's use the gst for example, if you think the government gave me back anywhere near what I've paid out on gst, you'd be so wrongggg!

We weren't discussing the GST. If you want to start up a different thread whining about how you have to pay too much GST, fill your boots.

 

You're claiming that the Carbon Tax is keeping people from being able to feed and clothe themselves, but you've haven't provided any sources to back up that claim. So if you have any evidence, lets see it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sorry, if you're going to make the case that we shouldn't be doing everything we can to combat Climate Change right now, you've lost me.

 

All I'll say about that is that I think you're sadly misinformed and I'm glad the government doesn't share your opinion.

Oh look, a "Loui" emoji from @Mossberg .....Quelle surprise....:rolleyes:

 

I look forward to the well thought out and insightful rebuttal to my post....:lol:

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...