The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Penguins sign Ryan Graves

19 hours ago, Provost said:

We don’t, both Cole and Soucy play both sides.  One of them will likely be on the right in the top 4.

It gives a lot of flexibility, you can play any one of those four guys with each other.  No one knows who will work with who until they try it.

My bet is Cole is the first one pencilled in with Hughes.  Cole played on the right side with Hedman, so in theory could fill that role with Hughes.

If we actually managed to make a trade for another top 4D, that would be great… but I am not counting on that as the plan.

I think they'll audition both of them to begin the season. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Pour' qua of this cap increases that you speak of good sir?

I was sort of being tongue in cheek and maybe exaggerating a little bit. But maybe not even an exaggeration. I have seen estimates of the cap hitting $92M in just a few years (2025-26 projection), so it could very well push close to $100M by the time Graves is getting to the end of his deal in 2028-29.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I was sort of being tongue in cheek and maybe exaggerating a little bit. But maybe not even an exaggeration. I have seen estimates of the cap hitting $92M in just a few years (2025-26 projection), so it could very well push close to $100M by the time Graves is getting to the end of his deal in 2028-29.

Hehe he yeah me too. Did you hear that little bit of frustration in PA when he mentioned the cap. 

That term is nasty for a big guy who isn't the fleetest of foot already. He should be slowing down at the halfway point and an expensive 3rd pairing dman come year 5 and 6.

They get good value for the first 3 years though and that's pretty much their window so it was a necessary evil.

• Vintage 1