The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings sign Christian Fischer

Stevie Y doing Stevie things. Detroit getting harder to play against with additions like this. Overall, they could and should take another step towards a wild card spot, maybe knock off the Isles or Pens for it.

-Fischer

-Ghost (offense)

-Compher (C depth)

-Sprong

-Kostin

-Reimer (solid backup)

-Holl (3rd pairing depth on D)

Not to mention they will all be cutting their teeth with a coaching staff that knows how to win. Lalonde was in the TB system for years. The East is a loaded conference as you have the usual heavyweights in the WSH, NYR, CAR, TB, TOR, BOS, NJD but teams like DET, OTT and BUF will be knocking on the door too.

It is so hard to make the playoffs and once you get in anything can happen. So far, I really like what the Canes have done. Adding Orlov and Bunting brings speed, skill, and some edge. Also having a healthy Svech would be huge for them. I see them going all the way next year.

11 hours ago, KirkSave said:

Stevie Y doing Stevie things. Detroit getting harder to play against with additions like this. Overall, they could and should take another step towards a wild card spot, maybe knock off the Isles or Pens for it.

-Fischer

-Ghost (offense)

-Compher (C depth)

-Sprong

-Kostin

-Reimer (solid backup)

-Holl (3rd pairing depth on D)

Not to mention they will all be cutting their teeth with a coaching staff that knows how to win. Lalonde was in the TB system for years. The East is a loaded conference as you have the usual heavyweights in the WSH, NYR, CAR, TB, TOR, BOS, NJD but teams like DET, OTT and BUF will be knocking on the door too.

It is so hard to make the playoffs and once you get in anything can happen. So far, I really like what the Canes have done. Adding Orlov and Bunting brings speed, skill, and some edge. Also having a healthy Svech would be huge for them. I see them going all the way next year.

It's hilarious how many people are drinking Yzerman kool-aid