Rate this topic

smithers joe

once petey and hronek are signed, our roster will include

kuzmenko, pettersson boeser

diguiseppi, miller, garland

hughes, hronek and soucy

demko

let the rebuild/retool take place.

we should have plenty of cap space to build a contender.

I wonder what we're going to do cap-wise next off-season. Petey should get a 3M raise. Hronek will probably earn himself a healthy 2M raise. Podkolzin and Aman probably earn around the same, around 1M deals. We'll need to sign a backup goalie or just use Silovs who will probably ready and quite cheap. So essentially 5M up, but Myers 6M expires and Beauvillier's 4M is up too - I wonder if we can re-sign him cheap (if he sucks next year) to like a 2-3M deal? Suddenly that's around 3M in cap space but not to forget OEL's dead cap goes up a couple of mil.

The big question will be - how will these UFAs play if they're just on one year deals? Blueger and Cole will be working for a long contract this season. If Blueger becomes the next Dickinson surely we move on and try our hand at a 3C in the free agency market next year - it's the biggest carousel out there. As for Cole, if he plays really well I'd be all for keeping him for another couple of years until Willander is ready. There's a LOT of top-end defencemen on the free agent market next year. Sure, a lot of them will be re-signed during the year, but right now you've got to be looking at guys like Pesce, Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov, Montour, Matt Roy etc.