The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Tony DeAngelo

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

I read a report that Karlsson will absolutely refuse to go to Carolina because he personally hates Burns and their style of play. 

The report was from Mark Madden out of Pittsburgh.

Of course the Pittsburgh guy is going to say that.  ^_^

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

I read a report that Karlsson will absolutely refuse to go to Carolina because he personally hates Burns and their style of play. 

The report was from Mark Madden out of Pittsburgh.

Oh yeah, that has no bias in it at all. :lol:

• Haha 2

On 7/19/2023 at 10:32 AM, LegionOfDoom said:

If that’s what you got out of that either 1. You have a very low reading comprehension or 2. You are deliberately twisting his words to make him look bad either way bad take -1 for you on the stat sheet 

No I'm going by history of a noted racist piece of crap of a person, odd guy to white knight for. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 2
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Of course the Pittsburgh guy is going to say that.  ^_^

There isn't enough Puck for both Burns & Karlsson.

Look how much better they each did, notably Karlsson, when separated. I mean, do Carolina need a $12 Mill guy to run the 2knd PP?  :huh:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Look how much better they each did, notably Karlsson, when separated. I mean, do Carolina need a $12 Mill guy to run the 2knd PP?  :huh:

It’s more than that, but you’re right. He hates Burns personally and it’s probably why he was shipped to Carolina.

3 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

It’s more than that, but you’re right. He hates Burns personally and it’s probably why he was shipped to Carolina.

Maybe Erik the great is part of the problem itself.  This would not be his first conflict?

You know if this was the era of the Sedins - that locker room had great leadership - then I think the room would not have been shaken. With this current room, I think there's just too much unknown in terms of leadership. Yes, Petey and Hughes are stepping up big time in leadership roles, but I'm not convinced that they would be able to withstand a character like DeAngelo. So, no. And plus, Miller is quite volatile, and then you have another player like DeAngelo who is volatile in their own right - I think that would implode that locker room, season go down the tank. Might as well press the reset button. Don't think it's a wise move for the Canucks to bring this guy in. Stay away. Let him be someone else's problem for once. 

A quiet off-season, for us, is good for once. 

On 7/20/2023 at 12:53 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

They don’t need a guy that makes 12M on the second unit power play, but they have the cap space and room to be able to accommodate such a luxury. Can you imagine having Burns on the first unit and then trotting out Karlsson on the 2nd Unit PP? Holy smokes that would be such a hell to deal with for the opposing team. Don’t even think Vegas could handle a unit like that. 

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

They don’t need a guy that makes 12M on the second unit power play, but they have the cap space and room to be able to accommodate such a luxury. Can you imagine having Burns on the first unit and then trotting out Karlsson on the 2nd Unit PP? Holy smokes that would be such a hell to deal with for the opposing team. Don’t even think Vegas could handle a unit like that. 

Do you really have to imagine what it would be like having Burns and Karlsson on the same team?