The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks head coach Travis Green says coaching in Canadian market was 'amazing'

Rate this topic

Canadian taxes doesn't help.

Canadian media doesn't help.

Over 50 years and no #1 doesn't help.

No Stanley cups doesn't help.

An extra day of rest for the '94 Rangers before game 7 doesn't help.

2011 Finals Aaron Rome is fraction of a

second late on a hit and is suspended for the rest of that series.  It just doesn't help.

Buttman and his favoured US market doesn't help.

Edited by rawkdrummer
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rawkdrummer said:

Canadian taxes doesn't help.

Canadian media doesn't help.

Over 50 years and no #1 doesn't help.

No Stanley cups doesn't help.

An extra day of rest for the '94 Rangers doesn't help.

2011 Finals Aaron Rome is fraction of second late on a hit and is suspended for the rest of that series.  It just doesn't help.

Buttman and his favoured US market doesn't help.

Hiring Travis Green definitely doesn't help.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again players who have actually played for Green say completely otherwise including Scottie Upshall who was cut by Green...

And yet Green has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's capable of coaching at the professional level.  There wasn't a single aspect of his job that he performed well and he proved himself to be too stupid to even set the lineup properly.  Bottom line is that if you want to win, you keep incompetent clowns like Green and the unqualified baboons he hired as assistants as far away from your team as possible.  

Hopefully he doesn't do too much damage in New Jersey before they realize their mistake.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And yet Green has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's capable of coaching at the professional level.  There wasn't a single aspect of his job that he performed well and he proved himself to be too stupid to even set the lineup properly.  Bottom line is that if you want to win, you keep incompetent clowns like Green and the unqualified baboons he hired as assistants as far away from your team as possible.  

Hopefully he doesn't do too much damage in New Jersey before they realize their mistake.

Again I'll take the word of the guys who actually played for him over a couch coach with all due respect. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Green couldn't carry Quinn's jockstrap.

He couldn't carry Keenan's jockstrap only because the later didn't have to use one because he had no balls.:ph34r:

Keenan would need balls to need a jock strap he cowered from Alex Mogilny :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

On 7/14/2023 at 2:59 PM, King Heffy said:

Part of me wants to see NJ win the cup now just to hear the outrage on this forum. lol

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2023 at 5:59 PM, King Heffy said:

Heffy you sometimes shouldn't act like the people that you are so quick to cancel, get it's your thing, but don't see any reason to be so hateful/unkind to our ex coach.     Guy unlike a ton of ex players, actually put his time in.  

Why don't we see how it goes?  People think Green should have somehow done much better with his lineup ... during the down years.    Not sure why.   As it stands right now, he's also is in the record books,  with a pretty mediocre lineup,  with 17 playoff games in one season (also part of the reason Horvat got his boffo deal ... mr Clutch ... one playoff series anyways)    Better than Crawford ever managed with the best line in hockey at the time.   That must rub some people the wrong way.   Green had to constantly somehow turn the team around.    A bad team, makes a bad coach and vice versa (good team good coach).   Bruce with all his experience, and a better lineup, did even worse last year.   But he gets a pass even though we didn't make the playoff's (because of Green lol... how about because of Benning  and probably the dumbest trade ever).     Lost all his PK unit.  Again like every year, a lot of roster change ...  Markstrom owes Green a lot.  So does Pearson, EP, Brock and QHs.   Keenan lol.  Markstrom in the minors after letting so many early goals, and no calder candidates because they'd never got the minutes. 

Bruce sucked even worse.  Or just as bad last year.   But that's "goaltending".   Maybe, if Green was still around we'd have won more games.    Tochett likes Green, thinks he's a great coach, and speaks very highly of him.  So I suppose that means he's trash too.   You can't have it both ways.   Might as well start trashing Bruce, but suppose that's not vogue.   But he does love wrestling ... so maybe you should cancel him for that? 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Heffy you sometimes shouldn't act like 

Bruce sucked even worse.  Or just as bad last year.   But that's "goaltending".   Maybe, if Green was still around we'd have won more games.    Tochett likes Green, thinks he's a great coach, and speaks very highly of him.  So I suppose that means he's trash too.   You can't have it both ways.   Might as well start trashing Bruce, but suppose that's not vogue.   But he does love wrestling ... so maybe you should cancel him for that? 

I absolutely do think Tocchet is trash.  One of the reasons he likes Green is his involvement with hia criminal dealings.  Bottom line is that at no point did Green show any sign that he was capable of coaching at any level.  He also went on to disgrace his country after good time in Vancouver.  I see no reason to pretend to have any respect for this idiot.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I absolutely do think Tocchet is trash.  One of the reasons he likes Green is his involvement with hia criminal dealings.  Bottom line is that at no point did Green show any sign that he was capable of coaching at any level.  He also went on to disgrace his country after good time in Vancouver.  I see no reason to pretend to have any respect for this idiot.

Yeah figured.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I absolutely do think Tocchet is trash.

My brother.

As for Green, I really think he tried. I mean, he was alway sneaking an extra guy on the ice for us to give us an edge. I know this because we got lots and lots of Too many men penalties when he 'coached'.

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My brother.

As for Green, I really think he tried. I mean, he was alway sneaking an extra guy on the ice for us to give us an edge. I know this because we got lots and lots of Too many men penalties when he 'coached'.

At what point is that on the players too though? It’s not hard to count to 5