The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IGNORE

Gator

12 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Hey guys I’m sorry, reading through the CBA and some of the stuff I think I may be in over my head. I think I have to withdraw my GMing of the TBL. This is way more complicated than I thought on first skim through.

I literally have no clue how this works. Relyt can switch to TBL. My apologies @Gator

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

15 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Hey guys I’m sorry, reading through the CBA and some of the stuff I think I may be in over my head. I think I have to withdraw my GMing of the TBL. This is way more complicated than I thought on first skim through.

I literally have no clue how this works. Relyt can switch to TBL. My apologies @Gator

THere is a learning curve but in my experience you will be so glad you took the time to get it up and running and have control over a team. For me it increased my fandom on hockey from just the NHL Canucks and Team Canada, team finland on the world stage to literally a dozen teams in the NHL, loads of Junior teams and following a lot of national teams pipelines. It is a very fun hobby, that goes deeper than fantasy points: I have a much greater appreciation for hockey at all levels, globally and I know so much more about pro hockey and junior/amateur as well. I think it is well worth the steep learning curve. I am so glad i started in a CDC keeper league over 12 years ago. It can take up an hour a week or more if you want it to , but you can get it done and have fun with a cuople hours a month of commitment, to be honest. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 7:48 PM, Gator said:

Yes we will be basing deals off of capfriendly. Unfortunately the masterlist I created didn't come from cap friendly, so if you're using that list make sure you double check contract info is correct before making a selection

where did your master list come from please?

15 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

where did your master list come from please?

I believe sportrac or something like that?.. It wouldn't let me get whole list in 1 swoop on CF (would've had to do it 50 at a time lol)

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

THere is a learning curve but in my experience you will be so glad you took the time to get it up and running and have control over a team. For me it increased my fandom on hockey from just the NHL Canucks and Team Canada, team finland on the world stage to literally a dozen teams in the NHL, loads of Junior teams and following a lot of national teams pipelines. It is a very fun hobby, that goes deeper than fantasy points: I have a much greater appreciation for hockey at all levels, globally and I know so much more about pro hockey and junior/amateur as well. I think it is well worth the steep learning curve. I am so glad i started in a CDC keeper league over 12 years ago. It can take up an hour a week or more if you want it to , but you can get it done and have fun with a cuople hours a month of commitment, to be honest. 

I totally appreciate all you’ve said. My biggest worry is finding out down the road that I am not able to figure it out/sustain participation and mess things up for the other people in the league. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I totally appreciate all you’ve said. My biggest worry is finding out down the road that I am not able to figure it out/sustain participation and mess things up for the other people in the league. 

The fact tou care about that shows you'd be a good GM. Even if unactive for periods of time you'd be good. There will be certain parts of the year you'd need to be more active than not (Draft, free agency, tdl),.. But even then it's mainly just checking/sending messages, sending contract offers, and for the draft you can submit a list to myself or another willing GM to make picks for you.

League is full now, but if you want I can throw you on a waiting list

Spots usually become available pretty consistently in these league's.. You can also apply for an AGM spot. A lot of new GMs that might want a helping hand, and there's also a lot of GMs that's been around a while that may be open to showing you the ropes. AGMs are given priority when considering hiring a new GM for a club.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I would suggest becoming an AGM for a team. Learn the ropes. Help put and if an opening comes up then you can take that! 

• Like 1