The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators sign Vladimir Tarasenko

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sens also my eastern squad. Like their moves; similar to Van with a strong O, but perhaps light on D.

Imo they have a better defensive unit than us. They don't have a franchise altering dman, but overall a better unit. 

Hughes- Cole 

Soucy - Hronek 

Brisebois - Myers 

Chabot - Chychrun 

Sanderson - Zub

Brannstrom- Hamonic 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Imo they have a better defensive unit than us. They don't have a franchise altering dman, but overall a better unit. 

Hughes- Cole 

Soucy - Hronek 

Brisebois - Myers 

Chabot - Chychrun 

Sanderson - Zub

Brannstrom- Hamonic 

Chabot, Chychrun, and Sanderson are great young d-men. 

Zub is a good filler. 

Harmonic struggles and Brannstrom is the same level as a Brisebois, Juulsen, or Wolanin but with a higher pedigree. 

Good enough for playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sens also my eastern squad. Like their moves; similar to Van with a strong O, but perhaps light on D.

I don’t see Tarasenko putting the Sens ahead of the Leafs but when Matthews leaves as a UFA July 1, 2024 then the Sens will for sure overtake the Leafs. So if not this year, with the Tank, then for sure next year. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And then flip him 50% retained at TDL

I'd say this is the main reason why it's a great signing for Ottawa. With his past scoring there'll always be someone who's willing to take him at TDL, regardless of how he performs. Might even fetch a first rounder from a desperate team. 

I'm surprised this is the best deal he can get. I feel he's on the older side for a one year show me deal. He's probably waiting for the cap to go up next year but I have feeling he might regress.