Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24


Gator

Recommended Posts

Jack Hughes when asked about going 4th Overall in a fantasy draft to the Vancouver Canucks...

 

 

Can't wait to build around Jack as we start our CDCGFL journey. We have a young star on a very solid contract for 7 years to build around. Some may say we reached a bit, but we personally see Jack as 1 of the true handful of "elite" players/prospects. We think he will find another gear and silence any doubters that may be left. It'll be a long wait for our 2nd pick (61 & 68), but we should be able to add 2 more solid players there to add around Jack.

 

GMG when asked about getting Jack Hughes at #4...

 

"I had Jack on our radar since this draft has been announced. We were thinking he'd go closer to the 10-15 range, but when we got the 4th Overall selection we knew we'd most likely be taking him there. Unless a Connor fell to us or a team reached higher than we were planning to, Jack was going to be our guy. He also comes with imo the best contract in the NHL, which will give us some flexibility the rest of the way to build a winner!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Gator said:

Jack Hughes when asked about going 4th Overall in a fantasy draft to the Vancouver Canucks...

 

 

Can't wait to build around Jack as we start our CDCGFL journey. We have a young star on a very solid contract for 7 years to build around. Some may say we reached a bit, but we personally see Jack as 1 of the true handful of "elite" players/prospects. We think he will find another gear and silence any doubters that may be left. It'll be a long wait for our 2nd pick (61 & 68), but we should be able to add 2 more solid players there to add around Jack.

 

GMG when asked about getting Jack Hughes at #4...

 

"I had Jack on our radar since this draft has been announced. We were thinking he'd go closer to the 10-15 range, but when we got the 4th Overall selection we knew we'd most likely be taking him there. Unless a Connor fell to us or a team reached higher than we were planning to, Jack was going to be our guy. He also comes with imo the best contract in the NHL, which will give us some flexibility the rest of the way to build a winner!"

Very solid selection. He's someone I was eyeing at 11. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Very solid selection. He's someone I was eyeing at 11. 

Was hoping for a 10-15 selection If I didn't get 1 or 2 lol. 4 was a reach but that contract will pay off big down the road (hopefully) :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

Was hoping for a 10-15 selection If I didn't get 1 or 2 lol. 4 was a reach but that contract will pay off big down the road (hopefully) :lol:

I don't think it was a reach. Phil and I were taking him if you took Draisaitl.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Changes may be coming to the budget budget system. do not set front office budgets until a decision has been made. 

 

The change (if there is one) will simply just be lowering the budget currently set at $100M. Thinking about dropping it to between $80M-$90M

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Fun fact:

 

I am a former Florida Panther. 

 

 

 

 

Could contain: Clothing, Shirt, People, Person, Adult, Male, Man, Footwear, Shoe, Sneaker

Fun fact when i saw your name I thought you were a fan of you. ; p

 

Hey, small world, did you ever run into Matty Pettinger over in the German league? Good Victoria guy, bit younger than you but you overlapped four or fives years there. 

 

Edit> i should mention I have been a canucks fan since the late 70's as my dad used to get tix from work when i was younger. I think I can remember a bit of the 78 season and mostly 79-82 for games i remember going to so i have some bits of recall with names now and then.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2023 at 3:27 PM, Gator said:

6.1 Front Office Budgets

Every team has a total budget of $80M to spend across 5 different departments. Each department playing a pivotal role in your teams success. Spend your money wisely, as you can only set these once a year between September 1st & October 1st.

Front Office budget is set for $80M. Feel free to set your budgets at any time. Just remember, you can't set them again until Sep 1 - Oct 1 2024.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...