The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGFL FANTASY DRAFT

Gator

51 minutes ago, Gator said:

245 where I am lol

Hawaii? or?

Hopefully things will get going soon with this draft. Those that picked in the top 10 or whatever, have already selected their captains, who have started tenure. But those that are picking late (25-32) might be a few days behind starting their captain's tenure. Does that matter?

Gotta be honest, I rushed naming my captain because I thought I had to. (rookie mistake perhaps)

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Hawaii? or?

Hopefully things will get going soon with this draft. Those that picked in the top 10 or whatever, have already selected their captains, who have started tenure. But those that are picking late (25-32) might be a few days behind starting their captain's tenure. Does that matter?

Gotta be honest, I rushed naming my captain because I thought I had to. (rookie mistake perhaps)

From the CBA:

On 7/28/2023 at 11:27 AM, Gator said:

Don't plan to use the morale system for the 1st season, but if it works as intended and GMs are in favor of using it, it will be used.

So it sounds like we are just beta-testing the idea for the first season. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hawaii? or?

Nova Scotia.. Draft timers will eventually decrease as we get closer to the start of the season so it'll eventually pick.

You can change captain's at any time. Only effect it'll have is resetting the tenure to 0. A few days won't make much of a difference down the road. It's more so just a little way to encourage teams to make their selection a bit faster tbh

9 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

So it sounds like we are just beta-testing the idea for the first season. 

We are, but when it's actually in use for season 2 the tenure of the players you have now will effect your team morale, so just keep that in mind.

I'll have the team morale system section of the CBA fixed up leading up to the season so everyone has a better understanding of how it truly works.

Just now, Gator said:

Nova Scotia.. Draft timers will eventually decrease as we get closer to the start of the season so it'll eventually pick.

You can change captain's at any time. Only effect it'll have is resetting the tenure to 0. A few days won't make much of a difference down the road. It's more so just a little way to encourage teams to make their selection a bit faster tbh

oh, duh :lol: I went the other way (west). 

Thanks Gator, might make a change depending on who I'll pick next, or maybe not. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Gator said:

I think it would make more sense to start the timer post-draft personally

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a little bored waiting,

Thinking if there was a master list (maybe it's the final stats from 2022/23). If a GM doesn't make their pick in X amount of time, they have to take the next available player on that master list, from a team that missed the playoffs last year. Ooooh. :bigblush:

Gosh darn I missed my pick, now I have Barrett Hayton :lol:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gally said:

I think it would make more sense to start the timer post-draft personally

It was my initial thought, but figured a few days in the long haul isn't even really a factor, and it could entice people to draft faster. It's really not that big a factor.

Plus the Team Morale feature will be ignored for the first offseason so you'll have well over 300+ days of tenure (per player on NHL roster) to build towards next year when it takes effect

Edited by Gator