The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kraken's Alex Wennberg calls out TikTok community for 'vile comments' about family

Rate this topic

Got a bit of a gist of what's happening.

Thing is, society is comprised of individuals...some of whom respect (or even understand) boundaries, others who leap over them to get where they're going. Mostly attention alley. Crass females are out there...just as there are male counterparts who also show no restraint (class?). Best thing is to ignore them...they thrive on getting attention and it feeds into their agenda to give them a spotlight.

Sadly, Tiktok seemingly has given them a home to call their own.

I love meme's, funny stuff, etc. but it seems to be a deep dive into an infested pool these days in some SM corners. Free for all.

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

That girl was harmless… Think about it for a while.

Boys have lured girls into almost everything for ages(some girls does it also)

Her way of doing it is to reclaim her part of the universe where she can be who she wants.

No one can say to her her feelings are bad.

If you can fix the small problem that guys want to have sex a lot we maybe can solve this situation.

The sexualisation of society is guys want to get laid.

So please don’t blame this girl for a guy issue.

I'm not saying we should overwrite/"correct" human nature, but this "anything goes' attitude is a slippery slope. There's a need for brakes in a society, and these values/morality developed for a reason. Just for example, a promiscuous person carries STDs at a much higher rate, so there's just one of the evolutionary "brakes" for you. Your body tells you to f**k everything that moves, but common sense should dictate not to do that. They balance each other out, but if you lift common sense out of the equation, that's where it starts to fall apart. And it starts at the cultural level, so that's why I'm not a huge fan of this type of behavior.

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Her way of doing it is to reclaim her part of the universe where she can be who she wants.

If you can fix the small problem that guys want to have sex a lot we maybe can solve this situation.

Just because guys did it, doesn't mean it should be a free for all for women to do it. It's wrong no matter who is doing it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So blame "guys" for this individual's behaviour? Agree or disagree with how she chooses to present herself to the world, her choices are her own.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

So blame "guys" for this individual's behaviour? Agree or disagree with how she chooses to present herself to the world, her choices are her own.

Blaming guys for her behavior is beyond a bad take :lol:

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Just because guys did it, doesn't mean it should be a free for all for women to do it. It's wrong no matter who is doing it. 

18 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

And I let her be a person while you want to change her and stifle her persona.

How would you like to be nutered? 

You two have to accept that the can is open.

Woman has free speech also.

If you disagree with her don’t follow her online. So hands up, do you two love Alex eyes as she does? 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If you disagree with her don’t follow her online. So hands up, do you two love Alex eyes as she does? 

Freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences... 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

But this has gone beyond following her or not on line. If you can’t see the collateral damage here I don’t know what to say. And yes, I would like to stifle her persona and I’m not 70.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, zimmy said:

But this has gone beyond following her or not on line. If you can’t see the collateral damage here I don’t know what to say. And yes, I would like to stifle her persona and I’m not 70.

What is the collateral damage here with the girl posting a fanvid?

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences... 

so you want to punish a girl for say how much she likes a guy?

I hope you realise I talked about the short vid posted here. Not the whole bit about Alex and his family.

Just now, zimmy said:

Ask Alex and his wife and family.

As I said to 73, my words are regarding the vid posted here that was short and a girl sweettalking about Alex.

Not the whole story about Alex and comments online regarding his family.

You should have known that if you read my first post.

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I think some people are only looking at that one video and not realizing it went far beyond that. While that video was a bit lewd, it didn't seem the Wennbergs or the team and too much issue as a one off and the problem was that it gave permission to keep pushing the boundaries. 

There's a second link in the article posted that details more of what has happened. After that video went up people started directly tagging Alex and his wife in more of a similar style video, direct messaging Alex with lewd and sexual content, and even approaching them in public. Plus apparently a lot of people messaging his wife about wanting Alex to cheat on her, telling her that she doesn't deserve him, saying that he has cheated, etc. The situation is harassment plain and simple. 

It's really intrusive and totally creepy. People who share their lives online likely do so with the understanding that most people are good, decent humans and they won't be targeted in a mean, malicious or inappropriate way. I interact a wee bit with my favourite player's wife...she's lovely. It's awesome that he's a good family man and I feel privileged to get a glimpse behind the scenes. To abuse that is just wrong.

The bad apples spoil it for everyone....soon no one will be opening themselves up to the public with this kind of stuff happening.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

As I said to 73, my words are regarding the vid posted here that was short and a girl sweettalking about Alex.

Not the whole story about Alex and comments online regarding his family.

You should have known that if you read my first post.

I don't know that I'd call that "sweet talking".

Anyhow, the video itself...meh, whatever. Lots of people talk like that and it's to be taken with a grain of salt and ignored mostly. When you up the game like what's reportedly happened here, it's over the top and needs to stop.  You just don't do that stuff without backlash.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Is reading comprehension no longer taught in school..?

And yea, Alex Wennberg is an attractive guy. What was your point in asking, exactly?

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I would not be surprised to find out that you're an online stalker. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

so you want to punish a girl for say how much she likes a guy?

I hope you realise I talked about the short vid posted here. Not the whole bit about Alex and his family.

The one video is only a fraction of what is going on though...