The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kraken's Alex Wennberg calls out TikTok community for 'vile comments' about family

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The one video is only a fraction of what is going on though... 

If it was JUST that stupid video I wouldn't really bat an eye at it. I mean, it's just how some people talk these days (even music can carry those same messages). Whatever. I find it classless/crass but I'm a bit of a prude/old fashioned type.

But in making it personal, no. That's where it completely crosses the line and becomes something much different.

• Cheers 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

If it was JUST I wouldn't really bat an eye at it. I mean, it's just how some people talk these days (even music can carry those same messages). Whatever.

But in making it personal, no. That's where it completely crosses the line and becomes something much different.

Yup, anyone brushing this off as nothing is baffling, this is harassment and embarrassing at this point

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yup, anyone brushing this off as nothing is baffling, this is harassment and embarrassing at this point

So is the extra stuff, beyond the video, being done by this same girl or are there other girls TicToking things too? 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So is the extra stuff, beyond the video, being done by this same girl or are there other girls TicToking things too? 

Kierra is the biggest part of this, but others are commenting as far as I know, she is just going to far with it at this point. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I don't know that I'd call that "sweet talking".

Anyhow, the video itself...meh, whatever. Lots of people talk like that and it's to be taken with a grain of salt and ignored mostly. When you up the game like what's reportedly happened here, it's over the top and needs to stop.  You just don't do that stuff without backlash.

As I said, I only talked about the short vid and we seem to have a mutual understanding of that.

The fun part, or sad…, is that when I brought up this subject(harassment online) regarding Benning throwing young prospects under the bus I was ridiculed. Posters like Dazzle still mock me for it.

Dahlen was harassed online and none here talked about Benning as a bad person still he was the guy starting the hate online.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

As I said, I only talked about the short vid and we seem to have a mutual understanding of that.

The fun part, or sad…, is that when I brought up this subject(harassment online) regarding Benning throwing young prospects under the bus I was ridiculed. Posters like Dazzle still mock me for it.

Dahlen was harassed online and none here talked about Benning as a bad person still he was the guy starting the hate online.

Your victim complex with yourself and Dahlen is ridiculous. :lol:

In thinking hard about why this bothers me so much.

Personally, as I said...I follow a wife of a hockey player. She's so totally cool (started watching some of her workouts to try to get some new ideas) and I've come to admire her as much as him. 

It's the idea of women throwing other women under the bus like this. To completely disregard them and trash them (which I've read is the case). 

We're a tribe/sisterhood that needs to bond together and show strength in numbers, not compete with one another. For all women's sake, this kind of behaviour just isn't cool with me. Get your own damn man.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Nope, because he is a boss not a bully or harassing anyone, so nope no hypocrisy here. 

He was the GM and very much responsible for what words he use.

No GM should throw a prospect under the bus in that way. Especially since he knew how passionate the Canucks fans are.

But you continue helping him trying to save his face.

A girl online isn’t even close…

• Haha 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

No GM should throw a prospect under the bus in that way. Especially since he knew how passionate the Canucks fans are.

What words did he use? I forget...can you please quote them for me to give me some context here?

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Give it a rest, hell at this point you're bullying Benning but crying while doing so. :lol:

• There it is 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Kierra is the biggest part of this, but others are commenting as far as I know, she is just going to far with it at this point. 

Any reports on whether the club is going to take action and stop the girls from using a seemingly team platform to say these gross things? Really the player and his wife shouldn’t be the ones to fight this. It was the club that started it so they need to step in and stop it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Any reports on whether the club is going to take action and stop the girls from using a seemingly team platform to say these gross things? Really the player and his wife shouldn’t be the ones to fight this. It was the club that started it so they need to step in and stop it. 

Agree doesn't look good on the Kraken to enable this. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Also your ability to turn every thread into Benning slander with your obsessive hate is quite humorous

Edited by canuck73_3

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

What words did he use? I forget...can you please quote them for me to give me some context here?

He talked about young players not willing to(play in AHL or something like that)

So he talked about both Dahlem and the finnish prospect that went back to Finland instead of Utica.

The worst bit was that the hate from Canucks fans forced Dahlen to stop using internet and in the process his family had to go through it all.

I hope you see the hypocary from Cancuck73.

For me it’s worse when a GM direct hate towards a young prospect that hasn’t any experiance of how NHL is compared to an experianced NHL player that is extremely good loocking and has a lot of admirers.

Alex have a problem everywhere he goes and that is something a lot of the players got.

Some cheat and some don’t take the offers available.

Groupies has been a reality for many years.

The new bit there seems to be that they attack the wives and that is really bad.

• Wat 1