The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kraken's Alex Wennberg calls out TikTok community for 'vile comments' about family

Rate this topic

Just now, Timråfan said:

He talked about young players not willing to(play in AHL or something like that)

So he talked about both Dahlem and the finnish prospect that went back to Finland instead of Utica.

The worst bit was that the hate from Canucks fans forced Dahlen to stop using internet and in the process his family had to go through it all.

I hope you see the hypocary from Cancuck73.

For me it’s worse when a GM direct hate towards a young prospect that hasn’t any experiance of how NHL is compared to an experianced NHL player that is extremely good loocking and has a lot of admirers.

Alex have a problem everywhere he goes and that is something a lot of the players got.

Some cheat and some don’t take the offers available.

Groupies has been a reality for many years.

The new bit there seems to be that they attack the wives and that is really bad.

He did his job and you're a butt hurt Dahlen groupie.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

He talked about young players not willing to(play in AHL or something like that)

So he talked about both Dahlem and the finnish prospect that went back to Finland instead of Utica.

The worst bit was that the hate from Canucks fans forced Dahlen to stop using internet and in the process his family had to go through it all.

For me it’s worse when a GM direct hate towards a young prospect that hasn’t any experiance of how NHL is compared to an experianced NHL player that is extremely good loocking and has a lot of admirers.

Alex have a problem everywhere he goes and that is something a lot of the players got.

The new bit there seems to be that they attack the wives and that is really bad.

I've also never harassed a player online, so careful throwing the hypocrisy bullshit around... 

• There it is 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I am a fan of stand up comedy.

I have seen many, many, performers say things that are far more extreme than this lady in that vid and I have enjoyed it.

However, the problem I have is that tictok goes out to all ages. The comedy shows I speak of are for adults. If she had said this stuff on stage somewhere I dont think there would be any backlash. I mean thats what she was trying to do, be funny and crudely sexually charged. 

I

The internet goes out to all ages as well. If parents are that concerned then maybe they need to actually you know, parent. Talk to their kids, use the parental controls, don't let their kids use social media alone. There is sexually explicit music on Spotify. There is R-rated shows on streaming services. This is no different than the Far Right wanting books banned because they're too lazy to parent properly and want the State to do it for them. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Honestly, he had every right to give reasons for his actions though and that was a legitimate concern he had. Our fanbase demands and deserves answers to decisions that are made and he was often damned if he did/didn't.

We've had players here before who've cried about ice time/deployment and that generally gets you nowhere. Actions and showing you're ready vs proclaiming that you are.

That's MUCH different than what's reportedly playing out here...can't even compare the two.

One is being honest/frank and the other is seemingly quite predatory and harmful. At least the follow up that I'm reading about seems intentional and targeted and goes beyond stage one in all of this. Not even remotely compareable to Benning saying "some" young players didn't want to pay their dues. He was bang on with that.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

The internet goes out to all ages as well. If parents are that concerned then maybe they need to actually you know, parent. Talk to their kids, use the parental controls, don't let their kids use social media alone. There is sexually explicit music on Spotify. There is R-rated shows on streaming services. This is no different than the Far Right wanting books banned because they're too lazy to parent properly and want the State to do it for them. 

I agree with this to some degree. However, kids will often be out of their parent's control and visiting with others. I do agree that you can't shelter your child and talking to them is key...so important.

You can't hover over your child in a helicopter way and visiting an NHL team's website shouldn't really expose a kid to content that needs supervision. Kraken have to krak down a bit...seems they were playing along until things slid off the rails. Now it's up to them, to some degree, to intervene and lay down some solid ground rules. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Kraken remove BookTok content after Alex Wennberg controversy

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38114060/kraken-remove-booktok-content-alex-wennberg-controversy

So the Krappen started this and even brought this TicTker girl to a game. Snd they very likely do nothing if the player snd his wife don’t speak up. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So the Krappen started this and even brought this TicTker girl to a game. Snd they very likely do nothing if the player snd his wife don’t speak up. 

Well it may have started out innocently enough before it slid over into the inappropriate creepy stuff. That part's on her not them. When given an opportunity we still have to know how to navigate life and not abuse the privilege.

As I said, it's sad that the bad apples spoil it for the rest...I'm sure those opportunities will be closely scrutinized moving forward. Sad that people don't have enough common sense to not behave badly. It shuts things down when people don't stay within the boundaries.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Honestly, he had every right to give reasons for his actions though and that was a legitimate concern he had. Our fanbase demands and deserves answers to decisions that are made and he was often damned if he did/didn't.

We've had players here before who've cried about ice time/deployment and that generally gets you nowhere. Actions and showing you're ready vs proclaiming that you are.

That's MUCH different than what's reportedly playing out here...can't even compare the two.

One is being honest/frank and the other is seemingly quite predatory and harmful. At least the follow up that I'm reading about seems intentional and targeted and goes beyond stage one in all of this. Not even remotely compareable to Benning saying "some" young players didn't want to pay their dues. He was bang on with that.

But he wasn’t honest.

he protected the coaches and structure at Utica that was bad for prospects development.

You might have noticed that the former regime is gone like the wind.

PA has probably heard from Dahlen directly to make a judgement himself.

So all the changes that led to Abbysford may be from how Dahlen was treated there.

No more prospects that falls through the cracks like that.

So while Benning was dishonest he saved his own face so he didn’t get so much critic from fans and led them to hate a young prospect.

That is completely wrong and I’m perplexed that you don’t see it.

Alex wife and Dahlen suffered from online harassment due to words from someone that clearly doesn’t know how words affect people. 
That kind of people isn’t fit to be in a leader position.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

But he wasn’t honest.

he protected the coaches and structure at Utica that was bad for prospects development.

You might have noticed that the former regime is gone like the wind.

PA has probably heard from Dahlen directly to make a judgement himself.

So all the changes that led to Abbysford may be from how Dahlen was treated there.

No more prospects that falls through the cracks like that.

So while Benning was dishonest he saved his own face so he didn’t get so much critic from fans and led them to hate a young prospect.

That is completely wrong and I’m perplexed that you don’t see it.

Alex wife and Dahlen suffered from online harassment due to words from someone that clearly doesn’t know how words affect people. 
That kind of people isn’t fit to be in a leader position.

We don't see it because it is made up entirely by your blind hatred of Benning. 

• Cheers 1

On 7/31/2023 at 3:01 PM, bishopshodan said:

Is he mad at the sexually charged lady in the link? The story was vague for me as I dont understand tictok/booktok thingy.

I understand not liking the crude female but i have to admit there is a part of me that smiled that we live in a time that women can act like this. Not that I agree with her statements but i have long since been tired of men being studs and women being sluts. What she said pales in comparison at what I have heard many men say about women during my life

Gender is a difficult concept to understand. There's a ton of grey area on what is "acceptable" or not. Men in general have not treated women well. During this period of resentment, there have been women who have said some pretty sexist stuff about men. This seems to be pretty normal because these behaviours are learned. It's a wake up call for society and for me to see that things are not always what they seem with regards to gender relations. Some women may be happy at a low position, but many women are not. It should no longer be men who tell them where they should go, or what women should do with themselves, including body autonomy.

Nobody is perfect. All we can do as people is to just try to be better.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I don’t want my kids to act that way but I’m not stopping them.

Do you get my drift? 
I can just hope that they learn from their mistakes.

On the other hand you got the autism spectre, ADHD etc that can affect how kids act/react.

This girl can have some frontal lobe issues and then comes a lot of old geezers and condemn her online and force her to feel bad when she just express happiness.

I don’t get it.

If she had talked about suicide, murdering, mutilating etc I would have understand your point.

And, my final point is, Alex looks good and makes a lot of cash.

Do you really think he has a problem with only one woman? 

Maybe you should focus on being a better dad then.

Alex looks good, sure, I objectively agree with you, but he is entitled to the same amount of respect, which includes freedom from sexual harassment.

The nerve of you to assume that he WANTS this. How do you think he feels if his wife feels uncomfortable about this? Maybe the 'payoff' isn't worth it then. It could be that the wife is his best friend. Why the hell would someone who is morally upstanding want to make their best friend feel like crap?

I don't mean to make this sound like a gatekeeping post, but you need to reflect on your post. This is a terrible glimpse of your attitude. The fact that you THINK this is ok behaviour is why you're part of the problem.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2