The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade - Van/ Cal

This is the guy who hit Mikheyev and messed up his knee. He has girt and put up ok numbers last season. With the loss of  Boroughs we could use a guy like him for Canucks depth and Abbotsford toughness. Calgary is starting a rebuild and wants picks. 

To Vancouver -  Nick Desimone 

To Calgary - Christian Wolanen, 2024 5th 

Nick Desimone

Defense -- shoots R
Born Nov 21 1994 -- East Amherst, NY
[28 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 185 [188 cm/84 kg]

Nick Desimone hockey player photo

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2012-13 Connecticut Oilers EJHL 36 4 9 13 24            
2013-14 Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 52 13 38 51 30   11 4 2 6 8
2014-15 Union College ECAC 35 2 9 11 10 0          
2015-16 Union College ECAC 36 4 14 18 16 -6          
2016-17 Union College ECAC 38 9 10 19 16 13          
2016-17 San Jose Barracuda AHL 4 1 0 1 0 5 13 1 5 6 0
2017-18 San Jose Barracuda AHL 59 6 14 20 8 -3 4 0 1 1 2
2018-19 San Jose Barracuda AHL 65 14 32 46 30 1 4 1 1 2 2
2019-20 San Jose Barracuda AHL 48 5 14 19 21 -8          
2020-21 San Jose Barracuda AHL 14 0 5 5 2 -4          
2020-21 Rochester Americans AHL 8 0 6 6 2 -1          
2021-22 Stockton Heat AHL 68 4 21 25 28 10 13 2 3 5 4
2022-23 Calgary Flames NHL 4 0 0 0 2 -4 -- -- -- -- --
2022-23 Calgary Wranglers AHL 65 8 38 46 38 28 9 2 4 6 6
  • Like 2

Might want to add a proposal tag to your thread before a mod sees it.

On another note; in what world is Calgary starting a rebuild? They have Huberdeau, Weegar and Kadri all signed long term and are waiting on extending Lindholm and Backlund as well long term. They're not even re-tooling.

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boeser + Rathbone for Coleman + Hanifin

Calgary retain tiny bit on Coleman to get it done. Who says no?

Noah Hanifin is a top-pairing defenceman (their #1 guy) and Coleman is still a very strong two-way game.  Hanifin alone would fetch far more than Boeser + Rathbone.  Boeser + Rathbone + 1st round pick maybe.  Add Coleman and you need to send even more their way.

3 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

He is a 28 yr old 185ib with 4 NHL games,

I don't know anything about him, but I am wondering why bother trading for him when we probably have the same but younger needing a chance to prove themselves?

I agree, plus we would be giving up the top AHL scoring Dman and a 5th for an average AHL Dman, I don't see how this would be a win.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

I agree, plus we would be giving up the top AHL scoring Dman and a 5th for an average AHL Dman, I don't see how this would be a win.

Not to mention there’s much better options than Desimone (who?) we could go for without having to give up depth pieces like Wolanin. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Noah Hanifin is a top-pairing defenceman (their #1 guy) and Coleman is still a very strong two-way game.  Hanifin alone would fetch far more than Boeser + Rathbone.  Boeser + Rathbone + 1st round pick maybe.  Add Coleman and you need to send even more their way.

Coleman at 5M for a bunch more years as a 31 year old producing around 30-40 points is a bit like Garland if not worse I'd say, I'd consider him negative value so a cap dump. Otherwise, sure, I'd just do Boeser + 1st should be enough for Hanifin but they'd need to add to make it cap compliant.

Boeser with 2M retained + a 2nd (far into the future it'd have to be...) may be enough for Hanifin considering he wants out anyway, maybe we throw them Rathbone too? Boeser 2M retained + 1st just seems a bit much. 

Beauvillier + 1st + Rathbone and I'd jump all over it. If we make the trade before the season starts that 1st could easily be a mid first round pick so worth the gamble for Calgary who are going to lose Hanifin anyway.

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Hanafin stinks without being carried by Tanev. When Tanev was out Hanafin was awful. He’s not a top pairing guy. He’s a complimentary bottom pairing D man. 

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Coleman at 5M for a bunch more years as a 31 year old producing around 30-40 points is a bit like Garland if not worse I'd say, I'd consider him negative value so a cap dump. Otherwise, sure, I'd just do Boeser + 1st should be enough for Hanifin but they'd need to add to make it cap compliant.

Boeser with 2M retained + a 2nd (far into the future it'd have to be...) may be enough for Hanifin considering he wants out anyway, maybe we throw them Rathbone too? Boeser 2M retained + 1st just seems a bit much. 

Beauvillier + 1st + Rathbone and I'd jump all over it. If we make the trade before the season starts that 1st could easily be a mid first round pick so worth the gamble for Calgary who are going to lose Hanifin anyway.

Blake Coleman is an elite two-way winger.  His defending is top notch.  His penalty killing is top notch.  His finishing took a nosedive this year but you are massively underrating him.

Could contain: Person, Text, Number, Symbol

Just look at this shot suppression map.  Blue everywhere.

Could contain: Disk, Text

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Hanafin stinks without being carried by Tanev. When Tanev was out Hanafin was awful. He’s not a top pairing guy. He’s a complimentary bottom pairing D man. 

So Hanifin hasn't played with Tanev the last couple years years.  You couldn't tell me who his actual partner was even if you tried.  He's going to get paid at least $7M in free agency and he'll be worth every penny.

Who was Hanifin's partner, Alf?

On 8/1/2023 at 3:37 PM, Bob.Loblaw said:

Blake Coleman is an elite two-way winger.  His defending is top notch.  His penalty killing is top notch.  His finishing took a nosedive this year but you are massively underrating him.

Could contain: Person, Text, Number, Symbol

Just look at this shot suppression map.  Blue everywhere.

Could contain: Disk, Text

So Hanifin hasn't played with Tanev the last couple years years.  You couldn't tell me who his actual partner was even if you tried.  He's going to get paid at least $7M in free agency and he'll be worth every penny.

Who was Hanifin's partner, Alf?

Psssst! Alf.

Hanifin's partner was Rasmus Andersson

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Calgary is going to go for it this year I believe. They have a short window here and it would be wise for them to put their chips in and then bottom out after.  

As for Desimone, he's a pesky guy to play against.... Wouldn't pay much for him though, guys like him can be had for free.