Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks re-sign Troy Terry


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope that factored into them overpaying him. :lol:

two time 60 point scorer with nothing but Zegras to work with this could actually become a steal in a couple years. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

two time 60 point score with nothing but Zegras to work with this could actually become a steal in a couple years. 

Yeah I could see Terry turn into a PPG+ forward.  85 points for $7M AAV will be a steal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

two time 60 point score with nothing but Zegras to work with this could actually become a steal in a couple years. 

The same Zegras who refuses to play in all three zones unless he has the puck. The same Zegras who is all about the look but has no substance. The same Zegras who’s team will never win with him as a core player. That Zegras? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The same Zegras who refuses to play in all three zones unless he has the puck. The same Zegras who is all about the look but has no substance. The same Zegras who’s team will never win with him as a core player. That Zegras? 

You grossly underrate Zegras. And any non Canuck for that matter.

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • elephant 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Troy Terry really came out of nowhere and totally earned this deal.

 

I picked him in my fantasy hockey league back in 2021, late round pick in a deep draft and he helped catapult me to victory because it was such a steal of a pick.

 

I am surprised he agreed to a 7 year deal instead of an 8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You grossly underrate Zegras. And any non Canuck for that matter.

Zegras is a player “fantasy” league guys like. He’s not a hockey player who teams win with. He’s a selfish punk of a player. He needs a teammate to tough him up and teach him how to play the right way. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I hope that factored into them overpaying him. :lol:

 

41 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I could see Terry turn into a PPG+ forward.  85 points for $7M AAV will be a steal.

 

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You grossly underrate Zegras. And any non Canuck for that matter.

Probably a steal - most players overperform in contract years but he did not

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly this kind of makes Boeser’s deal look reasonable. Yes, Terry scored 37 goals two seasons ago but only 23 goals last year. Obviously Anaheim is somewhat betting on Terry improving to a PPG guy, but realistically Brock is the same age and if he can get back to even just 25-30 goals he will have earned his 6.65M. NHL top 6 salaries are clearly going up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Honestly this kind of makes Boeser’s deal look reasonable. Yes, Terry scored 37 goals two seasons ago but only 23 goals last year. Obviously Anaheim is somewhat betting on Terry improving to a PPG guy, but realistically Brock is the same age and if he can get back to even just 25-30 goals he will have earned his 6.65M. NHL top 6 salaries are clearly going up.

Boeser is still overpaid for what he has done the last 2 years, but hopefully he gets back to where he used to be this season.  The guy who is severely underpaid is Kuzmenko.  I'll take Kuzy over Terry any day of the week.  Looking for Kuzy to hit 50 goals this year.  If he does, his next contract is going to be insane, like $10 million+...

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is he the guy that got face punched by Beagle? 

Yeah, Zegras caused it, Terry came to defense and got punched. Then Zegras took to social media to post Terry's face and complain about it lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...