The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL releases 2023-24 composite pre-season schedule, including games in Australia

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Still makes zero sense how they couldn't get the one Aussie who was born and raised in Sydney and played through the Australian hockey system... doesn't get to play in front of his fans.  How could they have dropped the ball this poorly?

Could contain: Person, Helmet

I'm sorry are there Aussie NHL'ers active? You can have someone honoured in the ceremonial puck drop. 

Maybe have an NHL team face Team Australia as an exhibition? 

26 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm sorry are there Aussie NHL'ers active? You can have someone honoured in the ceremonial puck drop. 

Maybe have an NHL team face Team Australia as an exhibition? 

Yes.  Nathan Walker is a solid bottom six player who plays for the Blues.  He is Aussie through and through - just listen to an interview.  Boggles me why the NHL didn't send St. Louis.  Walker probably would've played in front of his entire family and friends.

He did this a few years back:

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Face, Head

The LA Kings do have Jordan Spence, who was born in Sydney but left right after.  He grew up in Osaka and Charlottetown, played for Team Canada.  I'll laugh if they have a series in Japan next year and send Walker's team but not Spence.

Edited by Bob.Loblaw
  • Haha 1