The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Brandon Sutter with Oilers

Would not surprise me if he hated Vancouver. Purely from a health standpoint. Dude was a literal iron man, then he comes to Vancouver and he can't stay healthy, gets covid likely from the team (don't want to point fingers), has long term health issues from it. Just brutal luck the moment he gets here.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

You do realize nearly every team had players who contracted COVID?

So to hate Vancouver based on that is kind of silly. It was what it was...the team didn't have anything to do with the fact that his was a serious case of long COVID. That's the luck of the draw.

Wish him well and hope he can regain his career to end it on his terms.

Try to respond with a valid argument against this....so far, nothing.

I mean, it's no secret COVID hit the NHL hard. It wasn't just a Vancouver thing.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Brandon liked Vancouver, but he sure was unlucky with injuries and illness while here.

He is a good guy. The Sutters grew up and/or lived in Viking, Red Deer, Lethbridge,

Edmonton, and Calgary, but none of them actually played for the Oilers. I wish Brandon

the best of luck.

• Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, allegend said:

Brandon liked Vancouver, but he sure was unlucky with injuries and illness while here.

Thing is....people were writing JT off before he signed his contract because he's too old and would decline into his 30's.

Yet they don't consider that same thing with 34 year old Sutter and still reference him as an iron man. Iron men supposedly slow down and are injury prone...or so I've been told here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

gets covid likely from the team (don't want to point fingers), has long term health issues from it. Just brutal luck the moment he gets here.

Microcosm of many Covid issues.

- One guy gets sick because another is sloppy / selfish.

- From what we know now, most who had issues. Would have had issues when they got it (later) anyway?

- But if delayed enough there was more help. This probably did not effect Brandon specifically?

- Many died, and the right help had not yet arrived in real life. In aged care centers. In remote communities where there are more immune deficiencies. Etc..

- At least he is making a comeback.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Thing is....people were writing JT off before he signed his contract because he's too old and would decline into his 30's.

Yet they don't consider that same thing with 34 year old Sutter and still reference him as an iron man. Iron men supposedly slow down and are injury prone...or so I've been told here.

Wrong Forum...   :bigblush: (we shoulda traded, NVM...)

For whatever reason?  Brandon lost any iron man status here.

31 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Try to respond with a valid argument against this....so far, nothing.

I mean, it's no secret COVID hit the NHL hard. It wasn't just a Vancouver thing.

Put Sutter's career in a Canucks vacuum and you'd think he was chronically unhealthy his entire career.  It's definitely a big leap to suggest Sutter has negative memories of Vancouver because of health problems (I think 'hate' is too strong of a word), but would you be surprised if... Pearson or Ferland had those sentiments?  

• Cheers 1