The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Jeff Petry to Red Wings for Gustav Lindstrom, conditional 2025 4th-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Canadiens trade Jeff Petry to Red Wings for Gustav Lindstrom, conditional 2025 4th-round pick

Yzerman's moves are all over the shop but this is interesting, Lindstrom is a pretty decent former 2nd round young defenceman who just hasn't been able to catch fire. B-grade prospect/player for a pretty good but very old defenceman. Yzerman recycles his RDs around, and now has a lot of older guys out there. I guess he took the futures we gave for Hronek, spends a bit, gets DeBrincat and Compher and now a 35 year old defenceman who may still be in his prime or leaving it.

Detroit will be interesting to watch next season but I've got a feeling this team won't win much. There's lots of interesting movement there but I still think they lack top end quality and should have just stuck to drafting and developing their own players instead of trading them away for veterans and signing UFAs. They had something decent going despite the tail-off last year.