The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will any Canuck win a major award this season?

Rate this topic

DeNiro

Will any Canuck win a major award this season?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will any Canuck win a major award this season?

2. 2. If yes what award will be won?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2023 at 07:19 AM

I guess the best odds of an actual win is Elias for the Selke.  Hughes and Demko might be top five for the Norris and Vezina.  Demko really has a lot left to prove though when it comes to consistency.

I think Hughes was something like 2nd in defenseman scoring last year but 9th for the Norris.  The stars kind of aligned for him to finish up there for the Norris and the voters didn't like him too much.  I think he's facing an uphill battle for that podium.

Tocchet will be a Jack Adams finalist if the Canucks make the playoffs I think.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I think you're missing the Selke in your poll.

With Bergeron done, I think Petey takes it, or is at least runner-up. He's improved immensely in his defensive game, and is a threat on the PK. Sky's the limit for this kid.

:picard: I knew I forgot one.

Now I gotta figure out how to edit a thread…

Anyone wanna help a newbie out and teach me how to edit a topic? :lol:

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 2

the best shot is Lady Byng for EP.. Hughes will not be sniffing the norris.. he finished like 10th after the season he just had.. he have to past the likes of makar fox dahlin hesikanen karlsson morrissey and probably a few more.. not gonna happen unless he have like a karlsson type season finish over a ppg while avg defensively. Demko probably have no shot at the vezina.. Sorokin otteginer vasilevskiy hellibuyck shesterkin saros are probably better than demko at this point he maybe able to beat out 1 or 2 but all of them? probably not.. maybe Hart if EP can somehow lead the team to the pacific crown

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

:picard: I knew I forgot one.

Now I gotta figure out how to edit a thread…

Anyone wanna help a newbie out and teach me how to edit a topic? :lol:

47 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I think it's like a standard post edit... though I'm not sure about polls. Might wanna ask @-SN- or @-Vintage Canuck-.

Done.

• Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

First pick is Hughes for Norris

Second is Pettersson for Selke

Both long shots but if I have to name names

I mean they both received votes last season so it’s not crazy to think they could become finalists with even better seasons.

This thread is more about bold predictions anyways. Most likely no one wins but it will be interesting to look back.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I guess the best odds of an actual win is Elias for the Selke.  Hughes and Demko might be top five for the Norris and Vezina.  Demko really has a lot left to prove though when it comes to consistency.

I think Hughes was something like 2nd in defenseman scoring last year but 9th for the Norris.  The stars kind of aligned for him to finish up there for the Norris and the voters didn't like him too much.  I think he's facing an uphill battle for that podium.

Tocchet will be a Jack Adams finalist if the Canucks make the playoffs I think.

Alot of times, major trophy wins are at least in part influenced by 'past reputation'.  IMHO, Kesler should've won a Selke earlier (and the year he won it, imho, he had a lesser case for it...note, I'm not saying he didn't deserve it).

As optimistic as I am, I'm not holding my breath on any of our guys winning awards ... unless they have a monstrous season. 

Canucks players have to work harder just to be recognized or even nominated let alone win an award. 

I really hope guys like Petey, Hughes, Demko, even Kuz use that as motivation.