The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

September 30, 2023 - The End.

Sharpshooter

8 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Agreed.  Only 5 threads with responses within the last week in the Canucks section, with the largest post count in-thread being 16 (ie. 15 response posts).  A morgue sees more action than that, unfortunately.

The Canucks part of the forum has definitely dwindled over the years, but interest definitely picks up during the season. The overall community is well-established, and it’s an opportunity for folks from here to get a fresh start.

Like any forum, it’ll become what users make of it.

1 hour ago, abdemarco said:

The Canucks part of the forum has definitely dwindled over the years, but interest definitely picks up during the season. The overall community is well-established, and it’s an opportunity for folks from here to get a fresh start.

Like any forum, it’ll become what users make of it.

I will stick to the new forum.  Much better.

Never forget how Craig MacEwen leveraged his position at Sportsnet to get hired by the Canucks within their PR department.

https://media.canucks.com/media-services/communications-staff

He used Sportsnet 650 as a platform for pumping the tires of the Canucks' organization staff as a way of showcasing himself for a PR position. Now this forum is shutting down. I don't think it is a coincidence that the guy who wanted a ton of control over how information about the Canucks is being communicated is also in a position to shut this place down. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Never forget how Craig MacEwen leveraged his position at Sportsnet to get hired by the Canucks within their PR department.

https://media.canucks.com/media-services/communications-staff

He used Sportsnet 650 as a platform for pumping the tires of the Canucks' organization staff as a way of showcasing himself for a PR position. Now this forum is shutting down. I don't think it is a coincidence that the guy who wanted a ton of control over how information about the Canucks is being communicated is also in a position to shut this place down. 

Who did that guy plow in the dirt to get the job?

In the recorded history of the world, whenever authorities have sought to silence dissent, the dissenters simply found another, more untouchable alternative that would likely be even more extreme and more critical, only without ownership's muzzle. I've already signed on to the new forum and encourage everyone who believes in the exchange of information, the expressions of opinion and lively debates to sign up, too. There used to be a lot more trollers and contrarian posters on CDC, but over the years this forum has grown up a lot from what it used to be. I am hopeful that the new forum will continue to provide what we all value so much, and that is to be part of a community of shared fanaticism in all things Canucks. I look forward with hope that the all the regular posters make the move.

In the meantime: I think folks here are struggling with the stages of grief: denial, anger, depression, bargaining and, finally acceptance. It sounds like this:

I can't believe they'd do this. This can't be true.

I am so mad that I will never watch a Canucks game again. I want to harm somebody.

I am immobilized and can't get off the couch. what am I going to do for the four hours a day I spent on the forums?

If we try hard, maybe we can persuade them to change their minds. If we lay out our case, surely they'll change.

I understand the decision is final there is nothing I can do but move on and not look back. A-holes gonna a-hole.

"Be sure to follow us on social media and download our mobile app for breaking news and content on your Vancouver Canucks. We also look forward to seeing you at Rogers Arena this season."

Here is your reasoning, I don't use the app or and only follow a few pages on Facebook. Both of which are fan pages. My main source is here with the gang. 

I think the Media and Communications dept of the Canucks were getting backlash at the lack of traffic going through their Apps and social media is lacking. 

Sadly, this is where I came to whine and moan about the team with like minds and silly optimists. lol

Anyone got a link to our future hang out???