The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Domestic Extremists - Freemen on the Land

Wetcoaster

This is not an opinion , this is a fact

that Lawyers are not ethical human beings and that they do not enforce the law or protect the rights of our society. That lawyers merely use the law and re-interpret the law for the advantage of those paying them to do so. Therefore they are being unethical to the law the purport to serve, as they manipulate the law to mean whatever it is that they wish it to mean for the highest paying clientele. Now some would argue that they are ethical and helping their clients from being abused by law. Yet if so they are not enforcing the law, but modifying either its intent, definition or letter of the law using case law and arguments which are vaguely relevant to any particular reality of the law.

There is always exceptions to any rule .

I am describing a self regulating profession , that will resort to any means to avoid bringing disrepute upon their profession , which in itself is a conflict of interest .

For all your protestations that things are different in canada , lawyers in canada , their ethics are self regulated , and you have provided no evidence to back up your claim that things are substantialy different

The evidence you offered is 'suspect' and does nothing but make the broad generalisation that because we are different countries, we must have substantially different legal systems. I don't believe this is true.In the Rules of Professional Conduct (source: lsuc.on.ca (The Canadian legal society site)), Rule 6: Relationship to the Society and Other Lawyers, at 6.01 it states that "[you] shall conduct [yourself] in such a way as to maintain the integruty of the profession." In the Commentary to 6.01, it states that "... a lawyers conduct should reflect credit on the legal profession, inspire the confidence, respect and trust of clients and the community, and AVOID EVEN THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY."

Need I say more? What you say here on this is suspect to me because you have a conflicting interest.

My claim is that lawyers merely use the law and re-interpret the law for the advantage of those paying them to do so. Therefore they are being unethical to the law the purport to serve, as they manipulate the law to mean whatever it is that they wish it to mean for the highest paying clientele.

And you claim this is not the case , again i ask you to prove this is not the case

The word is "cited" and no those are not binding upon lawyers who practise anywhere other than in Ontario.

If you are ignorant of that very basic fact about how the legal profession is regulated in Canada then carrying on any sort of debate is simply impossible.

You do not have clue what are are posting about in respect of the legal profession in this country and in particular in BC.

That is your opinion.

I disagree with it and consider it to be totally uninformed in respect of lawyers in BC. You have no grasp of the facts of how lawyers are regulated in BC and yet you want to debate with someone who actually has the knowledge, training, experience and expertise in such matters in this jurisdiction.

You are quite simply totally out of your depth.

Archived