The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C. Premier Christy Clark slammed for running a red light

J529

Why would Christy Clark disagreeing with the cell phone ban make news? She was a talk show host and she gave her opinion. She wasn't pretending to be Premier back then so why would anyone think it was news? As a CKNW host she had lots of opinions and views on lots of things. As do all talk show hosts. That's part of the job.

Like the time when that immigrant boat carrying suspected Tamil Tigers members was in the news. Immigrant policy was a hot topic of discussion for awhile after that. In that regard, I give Christy some credit for having a rather level headed approach to immigrants. Among other things, she said immigrants do jobs that she doesn't want to do such as drive cabs and work at Tim Hortons.

You didn't hear it so it's not true? I wouldn't say it if she didn't say it first.

Evidence? Unfortunately I don't have access to audio or transcripts of Christy's show. If I did, I'd gladly let you hear or read when Christy said immigrants do jobs she doesn't want to do like work at Tim Hortons.

Don't be naive. Christy has said a lot of stuff on the radio that contradicts the image she's trying to portray now.

The words I heard Christy Clark say on her CKNW talk show were immigrants do jobs that she doesn't want to do like work at Tim Hortons. You saying I didn't hear that or heard wrong doesn't make it so. Sorry.

Archived