The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edm - Buf

Seeing as McTavish is ready to make some noise, and Buffalo in on the rebuild, I see a trade that would benefit them both perfectly.

To Edm:

Miller

To Buf:

Yakupov

Both teams send great players to different conferences so it won't come back to haunt them unless they both make it to the Cup Finals..

Edm gets a solid goalie between the pipes, and Buffalo starts their rebuild with the 2012 first overall pick.. Everybody Wins!

You know, it's funny, every young gun seems to be a 'potential 50 goal scorer' on these boards. Obviously there needs to be some tweaking on this deal so it's more balanced, but there's usually one 50 goal scorer per year. Yes there are exceptions (Stamkos & Malkin last year) but everytime a top prospect is brought up in a proposal someone on this board says "You're trading away a potential 50 goal scorer" It's like everyone expects these young players to be record setters.. I honestly don't think Yakupov will be as amazing as everyone thinks. He'll be great, there's no doubt about that.. but I would take Galchenyuk or Landeskog over him any day of the week.

Archived