These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads.
1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.
2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.
3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads.
Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place.
- For all trades use [TRADE].
- For all signings use [SIGNING].
- For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS].
- For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].
4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.
5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension.
The following source types are considered INVALID.
- Any links to posts or threads on other message boards
- Any links to personal blogs
- Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast
- Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video
- Any news spread by word of mouth
Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here.
Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.