The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching staff please learn from your mistakes from this years playoffs

VanMAn

The teams game plan given the state of our team's health stunk and played to the strength of the Ducks. AV, if you know that your team is so injured/sick and you are going to play these players, atleast let them play in a system that will give them a chance win over a 7 game series. I would rather had the team line up 4 along our blue line and make it harder for the other team to get into your zone. The fifth player would be between the blue and the goalie to retrieve the puck and dump it out. I would rather have had try frustrate the Ducks instead of trying to skate with them. AV game plan was wearing our guys down. At the start of the Ducks series I thought for sure we would play some sort of trap and play little if any offense with the idea of trying to get deep in the series in a hope to get a heathy team back. What I saw was the forwards getting caught high and giving the Ducks easy access to our zone or a dump ins Then they would kill our players along the boards. Everytime we would finally get the puck out of our zone it was time for a bad line change which gave the Ducks easy access to our zone again. Please do a better job in the playoffs next year. AV ajnd coaching staff, thanks for a great regular season.

Archived