The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

The worst part about snow is all the morons who can't drive. I don't understand how someone can be so horrible at driving that they slide into curbs or other cars. Driving in the snow is not hard. First of all, you don't have to go 90 km/h. The speed you drive is not relative to how cool you are. Secondly, if you start to slide take your foot off the goddamn brake. Third, you suck at driving, don't bother.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes indeed we're in for some snowfall again but this time with ice pellets.

Greater Vancouver

3:39 PM PST Monday 7 January 2008

Snowfall warning for

Greater Vancouver continued

Snow will develop over some areas of the south coast tonight and Tuesday with snowfall amounts near 5 cm over the Lower Mainland and up to 20 cm near Howe Sound expected.

Local snow and ice pellet amount 2 to 4 cm.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An intense frontal system will approach the coastal areas of British Columbia tonight. Southeast winds up to 90 km/h will develop ahead of the front over northern coastal sections this evening and southeast winds up to 70 km/h will develop later tonight over exposed southern coastal sections. Strong southeast winds are expected to abate early Tuesday morning with the passage of the front. Meanwhile the front will spread periods of snow to some regions of the south coast tonight and Tuesday. Snowfall amounts of 5 to 20 cm are expected by Tuesday afternoon. Snow will change or become mixed with rain Tuesday afternoon in some areas.

The bus couldn't get to my stop because of the snow, so I had to catch transit and then walk for 20 minutes. I ended up being 50 minutes late for school... and then left early because I was sick. Today was not my day :(

(100th post!)

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - More snow has arrived in many parts of the Lower Mainland, and a lot more is expected in the next few hours. News1130 meteorologist Russ Lacate says areas throughout the region will see between five to 10 centimetres of snow beginning overnight.

That means some students may get the day off. Tune into News1130's morning show and we'll let you know of any school closures.

A number of extreme weather programs have kicked in in the Lower Mainland. Pastor Robin Ross at St. Paul's Presbyterian Church in Mission says mats, blankets and food are being prepared.

He says the real problem is having to turn away people when the extreme weather programs are not in effect.

I guess school may be closed tomorrow.