The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THN: Ask Adam

Octane

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/23862-As...-Dead-line.html

I've really loved this guy's column for a while now, and this is why;

Adam,

What is the most the Leafs could get in return for Tomas Kaberle?

Paul, Halifax

Paul,

Well…oh, hold on a second, there’s another question like this one I can answer at the same time…

Adam,

If Ottawa trades Jason Spezza, who would the Sens get back for him?

Stephen H., Torbay, Nfld.

Stephen,

Glad you (and Paul) have inquired about the potential returns for Kaberle and Spezza. As luck would have it, both players could be traded for each other – but only in this complex, eight-team swap I’ve devised. Here’s how the deal would break down:

To Ottawa: Tomas Kaberle, Frantisek Kaberle and the rights in perpetuity to all current and future members of the Kaberle family;

To Carolina: Jarkko Ruutu’s Id, Barry Trotz and eight members of Canada’s Parliament to be named later;

To Nashville: John Paddock, Craig Hartsburg, John Muckler and Harry Sinden;

To Boston: A previously viewed VHS copy of The Boondock Saints, Ty Gretzky and balm for Jeremy Jacobs’ black heart of capitalist urges;

To Phoenix: Cash considerations, Joe Sakic’s practically new snowblower and additional cash considerations;

To Colorado: A double foot transplant for Peter Forsberg and Ted Saskin-proof security for all players using AOL.com email accounts;

To Washington: All goaltending prospects in the Leafs organization and Maple Leaf Gardens;

To Toronto: Jason Spezza, seven massive tracts of land for condo development and a future Capitals berth in the Eastern Conference semifinal.

Now that’s what I call a win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win trade scenario.

Archived