The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Last of Us

Hat Trick Maker

pretty much it has to be done to make the game playable. if the character you are not controlling makes noise or is sighted and you had to start over as a result, wouldn't that make the game nearly impossible to play? I'd hate it if the NPC kept ruining the level for me

Yeah true, just wish it wasnt so obvious lmao, the Soldiers were literally walking into Ellie hahah

Yeah true, just wish it wasnt so obvious lmao, the Soldiers were literally walking into Ellie hahah

Hmm. I guess I'm lucky that it was rare for me to see that. I only seen it probably 3 times or so?

Great game though, definitely going to play through it again. I wish I can play the Plus version of Survivor without having to play regular Survivor first....

I really hate that it's over. I want more of Ellie. I'm sad that I can't see their conflicts and conversations anymore.

Finished it two days ago. Upon further review, the ending is absolutely fantastic.

First and foremost, I told myself numerous times while playing it that "Joel is not a hero. He's a guy doing what he must in the world he's in." When I was playing, my wife commented at one particular part (I forget at what point), "I don't know who's worse, your character or the others." That's the whole point of the game, there really is no "good" side. There are people who are "surviving", and then everyone else.

As the Forbes link above discusses, the ending isn't as complicated as Bioshock Infinite's. They are two different games to start with, but I never understood Bioshock Infinite's praise for the ending. I thought it was complicated for the sake of being complicated, like the writers were trying too hard. Not the case with The Last of us. Sometimes the best writing is the simplest. This is a world where there are few wrongs. You get up and you survive, that's it. However, there is a clear right and wrong in the end.

Hmm. I guess I'm lucky that it was rare for me to see that. I only seen it probably 3 times or so?

Great game though, definitely going to play through it again. I wish I can play the Plus version of Survivor without having to play regular Survivor first....

I really hate that it's over. I want more of Ellie. I'm sad that I can't see their conflicts and conversations anymore.

Theres a plus version of survivor? Im about 50% through on my second playthrough.

And yeah , such a great story, maybe some dlc will come out or something.

In Manitoba (guessing you're in BC). Two hours ahead here. I can play whenever, my wife isn't the boss of me.

Yeah I'm in BC. Anytime tonight works for me too. I added you on PSN.

Hopefully Dan and Apples can play tonight as well

Yeah I'm in BC. Anytime tonight works for me too. I added you on PSN.

Hopefully Dan and Apples can play tonight as well

Cool. Also, I'm not too sure how to put this, but my online play for shooters has always been terrible, at best. NHL I'm fantastic, but any shooter online and I've never been very good. I've also never invested much (if any) time into it either.

It's all good. It's best to play shooters online when they first come out, people are still learning.

When Dan and I played it the other night, a lot of people were playing it like single player, sneaking around and trying to get the drop on people. So that might be better for you, rather than run and gun gameplay.

It's all good. It's best to play shooters online when they first come out, people are still learning.

When Dan and I played it the other night, a lot of people were playing it like single player, sneaking around and trying to get the drop on people. So that might be better for you, rather than run and gun gameplay.

Then hopefully I do fine. Finished single player on Survivor pretty easily TBH. I played online for the first time yesterday and was a sniper. We'll see how that goes again.

Yeah, it involves more strategy and stealth. Especially in survivor.

Archived