The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ICBC Class 5 test

OneTreePerNerd

Look at the roads. If there are long, linear bumps on the roads. Tell the examiner how that might affect driviing when it's raining or snowing. Talk about the road ahead, whether the upward or downward slope poses risk for driving with speed, etc.

Also, consider the risks that may occur when driving in nighttime in such road conditions.

• 3 months later...

sorry for the bump I have my test tomorrow and have a question:

What is the proper way to merge onto highways? say you are coming off ramp with the speed 60 km/h and you need to merge onto a highway what speed should you speed up to when you merge if there is no speed limit posted? Also at what time so you begin to speed up to that speed. I just don't want to be going to fast and them fail me for that. thanks

How the hell can you not know this? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. My building is on a hill, and I barely ever see cars with wheels turned properly.

Facing downhill - turn wheel into curb. Facing uphill - turn it away from curb. The principle is to give as little space as possible between the wheel of the car and the curb, so if it rolls, there is not enough momentum to jump the curb and keep rolling. Farking common sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived