The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Vigneault Finally Found His First Line With Daniel Out?

406281dylan

Guest Dasein

I hope not. No offence to Lapierre but he gets too caught up with chirping and aggravating other teams and doesn't have the finish of a guy like Kassian or Booth who I'd much rather see on the top line.

This is where MG looks like a giant bonehead after trading Hodgson. We really needed him in case one of our top-6 forwards went down and now that our best scorer has, AV has to deal with a 3rd and 4th liners playing with Henrik.

I think it only makes sense that when one member of a line goes down, you keep 2/3 of that line together. Therefor, I think Burrows should still be up on the top line with Hank and Raymond. That line is proven to work anyways.

Raymond - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Malhotra - Pahlsson - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

Giant bonehead? He gave us the best depth on d with that trade. He also gave us two "elite" 3rd/4th line shutdown centers by acquring Pahlsson (Manny being the other). Also, you do realise CODY HODGSON PLAYS CENTER right?. If they weren't willing to try him on the wing when he was here why would they have now?

So let's look at MG's "bonehead" move. Acquired more depth on D in case of injuries - check. Acquired amazing depth at center for our 3rd 4th line - check. Gave up... a whining baby... seriously though he gave up a 3rd line center who would still be playing a 3rd line center role with Danny out. Explain to me how that is boneheaded. Please don't let your man crush on CoHo cloud your judgement, you're usually a very respected poster.

I think we should cut Kassian a break.

I think it is a great option to have young Kass with Hank and MR when some grit is required. Let's not exhausted the youngster, or place too much responsibility on his shoulders. It's not fair and we are supposed to want what is best for our players.

Honestly I would rather have Higgins or Hansen on the 1st when grit is not so important. Leave Booth with Kes and hope for the chemistry we have all talked about.

I would also like to see an experiment of Manny on the 1st with Hank and MR just to see if it would help him get his confidence back.

This post is ridiculous.

1) We didn't add defense, we traded Sulzer for MAG. And they are loving Sulzer in Buffalo right now

2) The Pahlsson trade had nothing to do with the Hodgson trade

3) It's really frustrating how quickly people on CDC have turned on Hodgson based on speculation and hearsay

I wasn't against the idea of a trade, however moving Hodgson at the deadline and not waiting until the summer made no sense to me. Reports came out that other GMs were upset that they didn't get to bid, we lost secondary scoring heading into the playoffs (our downfall last year), and Kassian doesn't seem ready to be a big contributor this year.

Archived