The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

You are wrong if you think the Canucks do not care just ask Bieska he asked Booth if the bear had a gun too. Even if Bieska was joking it shows he does not respect what Booth did. Most bear hunting is prize hunting; bear is not knowing for its meat like dear and moose. What the hell is peta buddy.

Small compared to elk, moose and dear... buddy. Your not posting to someone who has not hunted or whos family has not hunted many times. When we do hunt is for the meat and not some quest of thinking I'm a man because I killed. I hate the killing part it make me sick everytime, but the meat is healther than store bought. I take no glory in the kill like Booth showed.

Then take a picture; you still are one with nature, but no animals dies. Comparing your hunting with past hunters who needed to hunt and did so with total respect for the animal is no where the same. If you need the meat and use the whole animal then good on you but the need to hunt can not be justified in todays world unless you are doing so for population control or have no means of getting meat.

what is wrong with making something out of the entire animal why not make a rug out of the bear after you took all the meat...

why throw it in the garbage .....????? that would be worse then having a trophy to remind you of that winter in 2013 that you had so much meat that fed your family for 6 months.

so is it ok to kill poeple for population control?

Human logic sucks just because it is killed in the wild and not by some farmer does not make it bad..

as for people saying it is glorified prize hunting or whatever.... why would you go for the sickly dieing animal that would have no usable meat over that huge trophy that will fill your freezer and three others for a year.

i personally have yet to meet a hunter who is only in it for the head on the wall....( i live in north BC probably 60% of us hunt up here,) they do it for the food, they do it to teach there kids about nature , the wilderness , survival, and life.

i can not wait until my kids are old enough to shoot a gun, as a kid hunting was a huge part of my life and a bonding experience with my family and friends. i only hope my kids enjoy it and learn from it like i did.

also to say that in todays world hunting is not justifiable is absolute blasphemy why would anyone choose processed, over medicated, steroid and growth hormone induced animals over nature fed clean meat.

and people wonder why there kids have cancer at the age of 2... the food we eat is killing us yet people support it.

at least if there is ever a disaster my kids will be fully capable of being self sufficient and be able to survive in the wilderness.

You do understand that prize hunting involves stuffing the animal as a trophy or making a rug( for bears), so no I do not assume they left the beer. I'm saying the bragging of the kill is wrong and show no class. If he was killing the bear for meat then he would have made that clear in his twit not twitting how he shot the bear in the head and then go on to describe the size of the bear with measurements that's what a prize hunter braggs about.

How the hell did you get the killing of people out of my post.

I worded my justifation of hunting wrong and I agree with how you hunt ,but disagree with your statement that most hunters in the north are only in it for the meat. I have hunted many times and I'm form the centeral BC and have meant many prize hunters who enjoy the kill more than getting the meat.

You do understand that prize hunting involves stuffing the animal as a trophy or making a rug( for bears), so no I do not assume they left the beer. I'm saying the bragging of the kill is wrong and show no class. If he was killing the bear for meat then he would have made that clear in his twit not twitting how he shot the bear in the head and then go on to describe the size of the bear with measurements that's what a prize hunter braggs about.

I hope Booth can come to my city of Port Coquitlam to hunt some bears. Yes, there's a lot of bears around here and extremely dangerous. They come out at night just before garbage collection in the morning.

Then take a picture; you still are one with nature, but no animals dies. Comparing your hunting with past hunters who needed to hunt and did so with total respect for the animal is no where the same. If you need the meat and use the whole animal then good on you but the need to hunt can not be justified in todays world unless you are doing so for population control or have no means of getting meat.

We need to eat? when is the last time you ate a hamburger ?

also Bear, Moose , Deer , duck, grouse etc all taste 100x better then the crap you buy in a supermarket that is considered AAA beef or whatever. ( mind you i have got some good Lamb in the supermarket....)

all those turkeys being killed so people can celebrate there religious holidays is dieing necessarily?

how about all those pigs for bacon, (bacon is delicious but still)

hunting is more then just going and killing an animal humans have been doing it since before we could talk.

hunting is about being out in nature and taking in all that nature has to offer... not like 99% of all the PETA freaks who live in condo's in the most polluting cities in the world....and tell The Inuit that they can not kill baby seals or hunt wales (crap they have been doing since before white people came to North America..

Don't kid yourself. It seems pretty obvious these people are not, or care to be at one with nature. There are those who genuinely want/need the meat............(that kind of meat) and those that want to find the biggest noblest beast..........and kill it for a trophy and to probably record it in order to brag about it to their friends.

The real hunters who want to be one with nature go out alone or in twos (their best hunting buddy, their son/daughter/brother) Booth and his buddies strike me as just a bunch of yehaaas looking for something to kill and boast about, treating it like a night out in the pub.

Archived