The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

United States Army Increasing Standards For Recruitment

The Situation

True, and I agree with that statement.

Same risk for someone who decides to taunt the police (or anyone for that matter - like road rage for example ) - you are taking the risk that you may push someone over an edge with consequences to your self.

when i finished high school i was lost , so i joined a "gang " of young men who were so confused and lost , mostly because their parents were drunks and used to beat them a lot when they were kids . . we used to love punching on with the skin heads, many of whom were rascists, sure we raised a bit of cain , but i do no believe we deserved the treatment we got from the police .

one time a couple of us were rounded up amd, taken down to the nunawading police station were i was handcuffed to the sell bars , had telephone books covering my kidney's and beaten with truncheons for half an hour , for the next week i urinated blood .

several years later i was planning a joint 21st birthday party with a kid that i first met when we were 7 years old , our birthdays were 2 days apart , this kids parents had been alchoholics and had died when he was young , his older brothers were in jail , and he had been in a lot of trouble with the police . he had straightened his life out bought a house and started a family, 2 weeks before our party i got a call from his wife to say he had taken his own life , so i rushed down there and by the time i got there the police had arrived .

i went to the place he had hung himself to see the police laughing and mocking him and spitting on his body as it hung there , while his 2 year old daughter zoe watched on .this brings me a lot of pain , just recounting this . sure we taunted the police , but we were just stupid lost kids , do you think we deserved to be treated in the way i have described ?

Archived