129 replies to this topic

#31 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

No, what's amazing is that with all the information available regarding the illegal and immoral practices of these mega corporations, morons like you and BB will continue to blindly support them and resort to "nutjob" like name calling as if we're the delusional ones for ignoring the facts.

Even when big pharma pleads guilty, you'll still continue to argue the fact.

Let me guess: Court decisions = "knowledge"

Have I said anywhere in this thread that I support these mega corporations???? NO, I have not. Learn to &^%*ing read. You appear to suffer from the same issue of lack of reading comprehension as another user in this thread.

And again, what is with the name calling? Not read the new board rules yet?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 10 July 2012 - 11:25 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#32 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

Dank you are hardly the torchbearer for sanity.

people like you and BB will continue to blindly support them and resort to "nutjob" like name calling as if we're the delusional ones for ignoring the facts

keep it up

Edited by dank., 10 July 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image

#33 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

dp

Edited by dank., 10 July 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

morons like you and BB will continue to blindly support them and resort to "nutjob" like name calling as if we're the delusional ones for ignoring the facts

keep it up

And I repeat

Have I said anywhere in this thread that I support these mega corporations???? NO, I have not. Learn to &^%*ing read. You appear to suffer from the same issue of lack of reading comprehension as another user in this thread.

And again, what is with the name calling? Not read the new board rules yet?

Nice edit by the way, but not fast enough, congrats on the trifecta.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 10 July 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#35 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

people like you and BB will continue to blindly support them and resort to "nutjob" like name calling as if we're the delusional ones for ignoring the facts

keep it up

The best part of your argument is when you call myself and BB morons, thus calling us "names", whilst accusing me of calling people names when what is said is "idiots out there", as in the general sense.

You cant even see the flaws in your own logic.

Not surprising since youd rather argue:

Corporations do bad things sometimes = everything a corporation does is bad.

Instead of arguing the current issue on its merits.

And for the record nowhere in my posts did i defend everything big pharma or corporations do.

Dont mistake my dislike of idiot e-warriors with supporting big pharma/corps.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#36 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

sorry, you didn't say you supported big pharma, but the fact that giving children oxy is a "conundrum" for you, is just as bad in my books

oh and my edit was fast enough, I see you changed it back, congrats

Posted Image

#37 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

"People like you" = morons?

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#38 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

sorry, you didn't say you supported big pharma, but the fact that giving children oxy is a "conundrum" for you, is just as bad in my books

The conundrum was the drug trials themselves, oh obtuse one. You've just illustrated my assertion that you suffer from a lack of reading comprehension quite well.

Uh no, the word 'moron' was in my quoted post before you changed it. But nice try, anyway.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 10 July 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#39 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

The current issue is testing, to see if the benefits outweigh the risks.

Much like every other drug/medical procedure has been done in the past.

Logic at its finest.

#40 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

The best part of your argument is when you call myself and BB morons, thus calling us "names", whilst accusing me of calling people names when what is said is "idiots out there", as in the general sense.

You cant even see the flaws in your own logic.

Not surprising since youd rather argue:

Instead of arguing the current issue on its merits.

Your name calling is indicative that everything I say is crazy and untrue while providing facts that prove otherwise, mine is just plain ol' name calling. I see the difference, can't you?

It's pathetic how you think my best argument was something that had nothing to do with anything really. When the facts are yet again ignored. As usual.

Instead of arguing the current issue on its merits

Grasping at straws much?

If providing an article about big pharma being found guilty for giving children unsafe vaccines and other drugs, among many other things, isn't merit based enough for a thread on the subject of giving oxy to children, then I don't know what is! Like seriously?

So we've gone from "big pharma is baaaaaaddd" (like it was some sort of joke) to they're only bad sometimes. Where bad is injecting children with unsafe drugs leading to major disabilities and potentially death. And sometimes is for the last 45 years. Ya "sometimes bad" doesn't f(*&#ing cut it. You keep on marginalizing the issue, that's what you guys do best.

Posted Image

#41 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

The current issue is testing, to see if the benefits outweigh the risks.

Much like every other drug/medical procedure has been done in the past.

Actually, I believe the current issue is testing Oxy on children, which will in turn allow them to maintain their exclusive patent on the drug from generic competitors for another six months (=$1.4 billion in revenue). A business decision as opposed to a medical one.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#42 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Actually, I believe the current issue is testing Oxy on children, which will in turn allow them to maintain their exclusive patent on the drug from generic competitors for another six months (=$1.4 billion in revenue). A business decision as opposed to a medical one.

Actually I believe the issue is why they didnt complete the testing when the FDA requested it be done over a decade ago.

Oxy has been prescribed by doctors to minors without the benefits of a study.

Original posts in this thread were focussed on the giving of a narcotic to children as inherently bad. Thus distorting "the issue".

BB addressed this in her posts.

Edited by لني, 11 July 2012 - 01:00 AM.

Logic at its finest.

#43 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Oh please, get a grip. :rolleyes:

All these drugs just mask the effects but don't cure the cause. I'd rather cure the cause then mask the symptoms of the cause. Besides, I'd never take a narcotic-analgesic because of the tolerance and dependence side effect. If am in pain, I will take non-narcotic analgesic which even though has bad side-effects like ulcer, it is still safer than narcotic-analgesic although less potent. You don't need to give a smart ass remark about my post, because I know all about these drugs and have taken pharmacology courses that explain how these drugs essentially work. Small children and especially toddlers have immature kidneys and liver, thus they might not be able to completely break down these dangerous drug in the body and in some case could cause toxicity (in overdosing).

I have also worked for the big pharma, so I know they are really in it for making money and setting their budget for future years. They don't really care about long-term effects, but mainly study the short-term effects of drugs in the clinical phase. As long as they get their share of money after FDA approval, they wouldn't give a rats ass anymore about the approved drug until the patent expires and they come up with extensions and spin-off drugs.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#44 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Well, apparently BB has a medical degree and thinks children are immune to the addictiveness of the drug. I'll simply disagree given that it's obvious this hooks full grown men quite easily.

In before a hasty and probably arrogant reply from you know who.

Yeah, I don't really like it when people discuss something they don't really know nothing about. Unless Bertuzzi Babe has an MD, or PharmD or has taken some pharmacology courses and has worked in the big pharma, she shouldn't be misleading other people. There are other alternatives to treat pain other than taking narcotic-analgesic such as oxycodone.

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

Posted Image

#45 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

How do you think they treat childhood diseases such as cancer? They drip poison into the arms of children in an attempt to kill cancer cells. How did they originally test childhood cancer drugs after the lab rats? On children. There are hundreds of thousands of adults alive today because that happened. Adults who have gone on to live healthy and productive lives and make huge discoveries in the advancement of medical treatments. Do you honestly think that the drug trials going on now are giving children adult doses of oxycontin? As I stated earlier, it is a well-known fact in medical circles that children sometimes react differently to adult drugs, that their bodies break down and process certain drugs differently.

That isn't relevant to this discussion. You are talking about a totally different thing, where the last alternative treatment might be chemotherapy. While this discussion is about kids taking oxycodone when in pain. There are other medicinal and non-medicinal alternative to pain management. Treating cancer and treating pain are two very different subjects.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

All these drugs just mask the effects but don't cure the cause. I'd rather cure the cause then mask the symptoms of the cause. Besides, I'd never take a narcotic-analgesic because of the tolerance and dependence side effect. If am in pain, I will take non-narcotic analgesic which even though has bad side-effects like ulcer, it is still safer than narcotic-analgesic although less potent. You don't need to give a smart ass remark about my post, because I know all about these drugs and have taken pharmacology courses that explain how these drugs essentially work. Small children and especially toddlers have immature kidneys and liver, thus they might not be able to completely break down these dangerous drug in the body and in some case could cause toxicity (in overdosing).

I have also worked for the big pharma, so I know they are really in it for making money and setting their budget for future years. They don't really care about long-term effects, but mainly study the short-term effects of drugs in the clinical phase. As long as they get their share of money after FDA approval, they wouldn't give a rats ass anymore about the approved drug until the patent expires and they come up with extensions and spin-off drugs.

That's what painkillers do, nobody in this thread ever said they were to cure the cause. We'd all love to cure the cause and only have to use narcotic pain killers for children as a very last resort. Unfortunately, life just isn't that kind when it comes to childhood injuries and disease. And the article clearly states that the drug trials are being used for moderate to severe pain in children with cancer, sickle-cell anemia and severe burns. Severe, unrelenting pain that is not adequately relieved by the current drugs on the market. They are not talking about a sprain or a skinned knee or a bad sunburn, this drug is a possible tool in relieving unrelenting pain in terminal patients and those with chronic pain who have exhausted all other means of pain relief.

You're not the only one who has taken courses in pharmacology or has a working knowledge of drugs. I deal with the administration of them every day so I do know what I'm talking about, thanks.

My 'smart ass remark' was to show my disdain for your ludicrous progression of addiction after giving a child under the age of 5 a narcotic on a limited basis for severe burns or sickle-cell anemia. Let's see, as a youngster, I was given Morphine, Demerol, Talwin, Codeine, Phenargin........but I'm not hanging out in a crack house or some dirty alley shooting heroin into my veins. See how silly your comment sounds?

My other on-topic posts explain my comments re: children and the way their bodies break down and process some drugs as compared to an adult.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 11 July 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#47 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, I don't really like it when people discuss something they don't really know nothing about. Unless Bertuzzi Babe has an MD, or PharmD or has taken some pharmacology courses and has worked in the big pharma, she shouldn't be misleading other people. There are other alternatives to treat pain other than taking narcotic-analgesic such as oxycodone.

You need to learn to read an entire thread before making comments.

Misleading people how??? Really, learn to read.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 11 July 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#48 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

That isn't relevant to this discussion. You are talking about a totally different thing, where the last alternative treatment might be chemotherapy. While this discussion is about kids taking oxycodone when in pain. There are other medicinal and non-medicinal alternative to pain management. Treating cancer and treating pain are two very different subjects.

FFS, that post was in response to someone else's post regarding the testing of drugs. Seriously, get a grip.

#49 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

I most emphatically agree that one should exhaust all other means before resorting to heavy duty drugs for children. But sometimes, you have to go there even though you'd rather not.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom but I'm glad there were drugs available that were able to relieve her pain. Nobody should have to suffer needlessly.

Thank you I appreciate your comments.
Posted Image

#50 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

If the potential side effects are easier to tolerate than the pain the kids have to go through on a daily basis, then I can't see why people are against it.
There are plenty of treatments with horrible side effects that are given to people in the world already, such as chemotherapy, but the fact is, compared to the pain before the treatment, the after effects are easier to tolerate.

I'm sure there are more suitable options out there, many of these pain killers are extremely dangerous for full grown adults (look at Derek Boogaard as an example), but if it can ease there pain and make their lives easier to live, then who are we to say that they shouldn't at least have it available as an option?
Posted Image

#51 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

I had an operation last year to fix a badly broken bone at St. Paul's and was given a week's worth of Oxycontin. It just made me feel blank and numb. Not the sort of feeling I would want to have again, unless I experienced serious pain. I'm a little curious how one would grow to be addicted to oxy, but like a previous poster said it can happen as an escalation from other drugs.

I think trials like this can be beneficial but I would proceed with caution. Sure making a child who lives in pain more comfortable is important but at what cost? There are probably some other side effects of such a powerful drug that would be less welcome.

#52 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

You need to learn to read an entire thread before making comments.

Misleading people how??? Really, learn to read.

How do I know you really are a doctor? Also, if you are a doctor, shouldn't you be working and doing more important stuff than being on CDC at this time of day? Also there are 2nd and 3rd opinions, so your opinion might not be taken as the first therapeutic choice.

Also for Neuropathic pain (infections, chronic disease, etc.) the first treatment of choice is usually carbamazepine (tegretol), Gaba analogues, Tricyclic antidepressants and local anaesthetics not narcotic analgesic. Narcotic analgesic are just potent pain relievers for nociceptive pain (inflammation, arthritis, low back pain, headache etc.) but are not as effective for managing neuropathic pain, so you are wrong DOCTOR. Maybe you should ask a pharmacist next time how these drugs really work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

How do I know you really are a doctor? Also, if you are a doctor, shouldn't you be working and doing more important stuff than being on CDC at this time of day? Also there are 2nd and 3rd opinions, so your opinion might not be taken as the first therapeutic choice.

Also for Neuropathic pain (infections, chronic disease, etc.) the first treatment of choice is usually carbamazepine (tegretol), Gaba analogues, Tricyclic antidepressants and local anaesthetics not narcotic analgesic. Narcotic analgesic are just potent pain relievers for nociceptive pain (inflammation, arthritis, low back pain, headache etc.) but are not as effective for managing neuropathic pain, so you are wrong DOCTOR. Maybe you should ask a pharmacist next time how these drugs really work.

Oh for Christ's sake........ :rolleyes: :picard:

The abject stupidity of some of this CDC userbase is astounding.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 11 July 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#54 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

This drug is incredibly dangerous. My brother started smoking weed (gateway drug, regardless of what anyone says) and doing Oxy, partially because he's an idiot and couldn't say 'no' to his moron friends on several occasions. Then moved onto heroin and cocaine shortly after because those highs didn't satisfy him anymore, I guess.

But he's doing better now, sort of.

Ugh.. it's not a gateway drug. If you've been lied to about it's effects you may start to question the information you've been given about other drugs, but marijuana doesn't directly lead to other stuff. People start with it because it's easy to obtain, and even then chances are they actually started with alcohol...
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#55 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Oh for Christ's sake........ :rolleyes: :picard:

The abject stupidity of some of this CDC userbase is astounding.

So I give you facts about other alternative drugs that can treat chronic pain and this is your reply to my post? Instead of intelligently acknowledging my post and discussing it in a mature manner, I get one line comebacks that can be considered offensive. Do you think Oxy is the only drug for managing severe pain? If it is that great, then why not make it an OTC drug and remove it from the Narcotic classification. There is a reason why these short term drugs are monitored heavily by the federal government and are entered in the narcotic and controlled registry. Hydromorphone extended and oxycontin should not be given to children, even if big pharma approves it as safe for use in pediatrics. But maybe next time I will come to you if I have severe pain, since I could get a prescription for Oxy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

If used safely there's nothing wrong with it, I doubt this kids are gonna be crushing it up and injecting it.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#57 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

So I give you facts about other alternative drugs that can treat chronic pain and this is your reply to my post? Instead of intelligently acknowledging my post and discussing it in a mature manner, I get one line comebacks that can be considered offensive. Do you think Oxy is the only drug for managing severe pain? If it is that great, then why not make it an OTC drug and remove it from the Narcotic classification. There is a reason why these short term drugs are monitored heavily by the federal government and are entered in the narcotic and controlled registry. Hydromorphone extended and oxycontin should not be given to children, even if big pharma approves it as safe for use in pediatrics. But maybe next time I will come to you if I have severe pain, since I could get a prescription for Oxy.

YOU. OBVIOUSLY. HAVE. NOT. READ. MY. ON. TOPIC. POSTS. IN. THIS. THREAD.

You really should, you wouldn't come off looking so ridiculously foolish in your assumptions and comments. Reading comprehension is obviously not your forte.

You need to stop putting words in my mouth that I did not say and then going off on ridiculous tangents about them. It does not serve you well.

And hun, if I wanted to get offensive with you, you'd know it. There would be absolutely no mistaking it.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 11 July 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#58 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

YOU. OBVIOUSLY. HAVE. NOT. READ. MY. ON. TOPIC. POSTS. IN. THIS. THREAD.

You really should, you wouldn't come off looking so ridiculously foolish in your assumptions and comments. Reading comprehension is obviously not your forte.

You need to stop putting words in my mouth that I did not say and then going off on ridiculous tangents about them. It does not serve you well.

And hun, if I wanted to get offensive with you, you'd know it. There would be absolutely no mistaking it.

Out of all the back and forth bickering with other posters and posts where you said to "look at my original post", I found only this post which I already had replied to:

On the one hand, I don't have high regard for big pharmaceutical companies using humans as guinea pigs in order to get richer.

On the other hand, I work with children who are often in excruciating, unrelievable pain that isn't helped with the current meds available. Anyone with a modicum of medical knowledge of drugs and pediatric patients is aware that children's bodies often breakdown drugs differently than their adult counterparts do, that their bodies will use these drugs differently than adult bodies do. It's difficult, when you're holding a 3 year old who is screaming in unrelievable agony, not to want to have better drugs that will take care of their pain and give them some relief. So if highly supervised drug trials are taking place, I am torn between wanting a better pain killing drug for my little ones and not wanting big pharmaceutical companies getting richer at the expense of little people.

It is a conundrum.

In that post you never really clarified that you would be against this particular drug or against use of narcotic-analgesic to treat chronic pain. You only discussed that you are torn between using a product (pain killer) from big pharma (which I would just assume is the Oxycontin) that can help small children to manage chronic pain and not giving money to big pharma. While my posts discusses use of any dangerous narcotics like OxyContin for managing nueropathic pain when its not that effective for chronic pain. You only said how kids might be sensitive to these drugs but from your posts, it seems that you wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Maybe you should edit your "on topic" post if you want people to know where exactly your stance is on the use of oxycontin. After all, this is an article about Oxycontin not general painkillers.

Edited by DefCon1, 11 July 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Malaria

Malaria

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

lol I used to pop oxy to get high.

Do you know her personally? I've partied with her and her friends a bunch of times and it's awkward at first, until i get drunkPosted Image

#60 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Out of all the back and forth bickering with other posters and posts where you said to "look at my original post", I found only this post which I already had replied to:

In that post you never really clarified that you would be against this particular drug or against use of narcotic-analgesic to treat chronic pain. You only discussed that you are torn between using a product (pain killer) from big pharma (which I would just assume is the Oxycontin) that can help small children to manage chronic pain and not giving money to big pharma. While my posts discusses use of any dangerous narcotics like OxyContin for managing nueropathic pain when its not that effective for chronic pain. You only said how kids might be sensitive to these drugs but from your posts, it seems that you wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Maybe you should edit your "on topic" post if you want people to know where exactly your stance is on the use of oxycontin. After all, this is an article about Oxycontin not general painkillers.

Once again, better reading comprehension would serve you well. Nowhere did I say children "might be sensitive to these drugs". It is a well known fact in the medical community that children's bodies break down and process some drugs much differently than adult bodies do. As I said it several times, you obviously were too busy putting words in my mouth that I didn't say to process it. Apparently actual written words can suffer the same fate as some drugs do in breaking down and processing in some people's brains the way some drugs can do in children.

My original post will stand as written, but thanks for the edited in suggestion anyway..

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 11 July 2012 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.