The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE]

DollarAndADream

Re: Season length 25 years x 2 weeks is 2 weeks shy of a year, so it's easily doable without rushing it. Also, I imagine that public interest will die once real NHLers start to leave and all we have left is Saku Ballard and Milan Crosby in the game. If you set it at 17 years, you would have time to see almost all of your prospects retire, and each season would get 3 weeks.

So if the season is 36 weeks long (including playoffs) and there are supposedly 9 offseason intervals (1 for draft, 1 for re-sign/buyout, 5-7 for free agency, can't remember exactly) ...

2 in-game weeks per day = 27 days/season = 13 seasons

4 in-game weeks per day + 1 interval/day during the off-season = 18 days/season = 20 seasons

4 in-game weeks per day + 5 days for the offseason = 14 days/season = 25 seasons (w/ 2 weeks to spare)

I think either 13 or 20 seasons would be good. 25 seasons means we need to condense the off-season so much that a lot of people will either miss the draft or miss the re-sign/buyout phase because of work/school.

Re: Season length 25 years x 2 weeks is 2 weeks shy of a year, so it's easily doable without rushing it. Also, I imagine that public interest will die once real NHLers start to leave and all we have left is Saku Ballard and Milan Crosby in the game. If you set it at 17 years, you would have time to see almost all of your prospects retire, and each season would get 3 weeks.

Archived