The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Ballard

In my opinion the goaltending upgrade makes up for the scoring Kane brings, also Booth and hopefully Frolik regain any chemistry they might have had back in the Florida days and contribute some offense. As for Arnott, you're right but he would be the best option available on the market with out having to commit to a trade. One season of goaltending from Schneider and you'd change your mind! :lol:

I could see our lines like this with Kane in our line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Kane

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Weise - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Luongo

Lack

All changed depending on what we get back in the Luongo trade of course, but equally as impressive. Realistically though, Kane would never wear a Canucks uniform. Haha

If I'm Bowman I would target Bernier in LA as an upgrade in net if Crawford soils the sheets. Bernier would be less expensive to acquire and could have long term success.

I'm on the fence about Crawford, I know he's not a superstar but he has shown he can play well enough for us to win (see 2010/2011). I'm all for giving Crawdaddy another chance once the season starts and making any adjustments if needed.

Sorry, had to edit considering Luongo wouldn't be traded if we traded Schneid's! :lol:

Bernier would be nice, I get the feeling he's going to T-dot though. He stated he would like to be closer to home and the only place that's in desperate need to goaltending that's that close is Toronto. You say that now, but what happens when you guys get into the playoffs and his off play takes you out in the first round again? I'm sure you'd look back and wish you had upgraded sooner! Perhaps even Luongo for a cheaper price would be good for you guys. ^_^

I wish you guys would stop with this 20/20 hindsight garbage, especially when you don't even have 20/20 foresight. Should have assasinated Hitler when he was a kid too.

Mitchell was let go for obvious reasons, Bernier was not a good fit and was going somewhere anyway, he was a cap dump, Grabner just plain sucks bag, and Howden hasn't played a game in the NHL. Let it go already.

Schneider and Luongo are great goalies, no about about it. But I'm looking at the entire team, not just goaltending but I do understand the importance of that position. Crawford had an off season, but he finished the regular season very well. I don't think the Hawks are as desperate to upgrade the goalie as Canucks fans want. I will be very shocked if there's a trade between Vancouver and Chicago this season, and I'll be even more suprised if Luongo is involved.

Archived